72: Inner Demons

Chapter 72: Inner DemonsApril

April

"You cannot defeat darkness by running from it, nor can you conquer your inner demons by hiding them from the world. In order to defeat the darkness, you must bring it into the light."
[By: Seth Adam Smith, Rip Van Winkle and the Pumpkin Lantern]

4 Months Later...

April lay in bed by herself lying on her side wide awake while she rubbed her stomach. Today was the day before the baby shower and gender reveal so everybody was out and about preparing for it and getting last minute things out of the way. She wasn't allowed to partake in anything so she stayed in bed with little seedling and Teddy by her side even Kairi and Royalty was out of the house. She was excited to say the least but right now she was thinking about everything that had changed during these past four months. For starters she was now pregnant as hell and it showed. She was seven months pregnant and she looked like she could pop at any minute. She blamed it on her height since she was so short it didn't round out like an average height female so she was extra short, extra round, and walked around like a damn penguin. April just waddled about everywhere.

April had finally came to terms that she was pregnant and both her and the baby were healthy as can be so like her man said she embraced her pregnancy to the fullest. She had both names picked out for either a boy or a girl and she hadn't told anyone the names she had chosen. Dave was trying to get her to spill the beans but he had to wait just like everybody else. Any, who she had purchased the entire furniture set she wanted for the baby making sure the crib, was one of those ones where the baby could grow in. She had got more than enough necessities even down to her coming home outfit making sure she had gotten something for both genders. Luckily she didn't over do it because she knew babies grew fast so her focus was on bottles, pacifiers, onesies, and diapers in all sizes, bedding, and hygiene products. Between her parents, Chris, Alaina, Ebony, Mama Joyce, and even Mama Faye the baby would have more than enough.

Every time she turned around somebody was calling and telling her not to buy something because it was already handled. She had told them time and time again that they didn't have to buy so much but that was like talking to a damn brick building fuck a wall because no one was listening to her. According to them it was their baby and they could do whatever they pleased so she let them be. April also had no complaint when it came to Chris he was all the way on board and hadn't backtracked or missed any doctor appointments. He was a proud father and it showed. He even had Royalty hyped that she was finally going to be a big sister. So shit was good. Even Dave had Kairi excited about the baby so she was constantly rubbing April's stomach and asking when the baby was going to get here.

Speaking on the baby they had all took maternity pictures and since they had a blended family everybody got to be a part of them. Of course April and Chris took pictures with just the two of them because they wanted their child to have a picture of them together with both of them genuinely happy even if they weren't together. Being the man that Dave was he was cool with it and he understood it besides he got some with just him and April as well so he was good. They even did a picture with the three of them together. Literally everyone had come out to take pictures as a family and they had come out amazing.