79.1: Bring Me to Life

Chapter 79

Chapter 79.1: Bring Me to Life cont...
April

"But enough bout me how bout you though. I know you haven't been ya self lately and as much as I want to know I know you weren't ready to talk bout it or you were waiting for Triple B to be born. She's here so fill me in Papi. What's been keeping you awake at night" April asked as her eyes pierced through his. She had known that something had been off about him for a while now. She had an idea what it was but she wanted him to tell her. She didn't want to jump to any conclusions and make shit up. Honestly he had been like this since the day he went and talked to her father.

Dave looked at her and took a deep breath. He thought he would be ok after everything he learned from Ian but he wasn't. He was trying to keep positive thoughts but this shit was way too much. He still couldn't fathom the way people's minds worked. "Maybe we should talk in another room so we won't wake Triple B. This shit is gonna piss you off" he said honestly never removing his eyes from her. He knew he had to let her know what was going on with him especially when it was bothering him.

This shit was keeping him awake at night to the point he'd just be lying in bed starring at the ceiling wondering where he had gone wrong. If he wasn't starring at the ceiling he was in the basement blowing it down with Teddy or in his studio coming up with new material. He felt like he needed to do something constructive to help with his frustrations. He hated the fact that she had even put him a bad space to begin with. The only thing that really kept him sane was April and their little girls. They kept shit at bay for him but when his world went to sleep he was left awake just thinking about it all over again. When he thought about it he realized that they both had some fucked up people in their lives.

April knew from his tone alone and the look of just done on his face that she was going to have to whoop somebody's ass about hers. April got up, checked on Charlie, kissed her forehead, and grabbed the baby monitor. "Come on Papi" April looked back at him and walked out of the bedroom door with him right behind her and made their way to their shared home office and took a seat on the couch. "Lay it on me"

Dave lifted her up and sat her on his lap making her straddle him then placed his forehead against hers and sighed. "Ma I don't know how to feel all I know is that I'm angry and pissed that I wasted my time on someone who was never in my corner" he said sounding so down and defeated. That alone had April hot. She didn't like for Dave to be in his feelings like this because he didn't deserve to be especially not over someone like Millie. He was a good man and never bothered anybody. Sure he didn't have a peachy background but that was then and this is now. Even back then all he wanted and was trying to do was take care of his family.

"What did she do" April asked already knowing that Millie was the reason behind all of this. He didn't have to say her name for her to know who he was talking about. Like really who else would it be? She always got him in his feelings and April hated that shit. That was the main reason why she never took her ass off her hit list because she knew that just because they were together didn't mean he was over the fact that Millie was still treating their child like shit. Yes April filled that void for Kairi but being realistic everyone wanted to have some type of relationship with their mother. It was cool though because April had both Kairi and Dave's backs and she wasn't going anywhere. Kairi was her daughter, Dave was her man, and that was straight facts. He had all the family he needed.