50: The Break Up

Chapter 50: The Break UpDave

Dave

"Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it."

Dave woke up as his eyes slowly adjusted to his surroundings. He was laid out on his pullout couch in his in home studio. After everything that went down between him and April the night before he couldn't bring himself to sleep next to Millie last night. He felt like after they shared those three words that if he did he'd be betraying April is the worst way. So instead of going up to his bedroom after a long night at the studio he went straight to his in home studio and called it a night. Of course he could've slept in one of his many guest rooms but he didn't feel like going back and forth with Millie about his reasonings to not sleep in his own bedroom and in his own bed.

Dave knew she would jump to conclusions so he figured if he slept in the studio she would just think that he had a long night putting work in, in the studio when in reality he was avoiding her and getting his mind right. He had to collect his thoughts because the only thing on his mind was getting rid of Millie and getting his woman back. Slowly sitting up on the couch his sock clothed feet touched the floor as he wiped or at least tried to wipe the sleep from his eyes. Today was the day he was sending Millie back home packing! He wanted to hold off since it was Sunday which meant Family Day at the Brewster's household but he wanted to get it done and over with.

Last night when Dave got in from the studio he thought about the six or so months that he had spent and wasted on Millie. Then he thought about all the time that he couldn't get back. He should've never gotten back with her to begin with but he had no one to blame for his stupidity but himself. Dave was lying in the bed that he had willingly made for himself. Yes the idea of being with his baby mother sounded good and might have looked good on the outside but Millie had stopped being the woman for him many years ago. He knew years ago that they would never work or amount to anything but he tried and ended up fucking up the relationship he had with the one he wanted, needed, and loved the most for someone who wasn't worth an ounce of his time.

Dave rose from the couch and shot a quick prayer up to Allah. Today was going to be one of those days but he had no choice but to be ready for it. He had planned the day out already. First things first he was taking Kairi over to his parent's place because he didn't want her around to see or hear the shit show that was bound to pop off. He wanted Kairi to enjoy Family Day but Dave knew the longer he waited to get rid of Millie the worst shit would be. Besides he didn't feel like he could last another day with Millie by his side.

Dave was ready to pack up all her shit and send her on her merry miserable way and guess what? Today was that day. He already had the black trash bags on deck. He had picked them shits up on his way home from the studio last night thanks to the 24 hour Walmart. As soon as he made it out the studio door he saw Millie walking towards him with his Lil Butt in her arms. They looked like they were both dressed and ready for the day which only made it easier for him to take Kairi straight to her grandparents. He had spoken to both his parents last night on his way home and gave them the heads up so they were already expecting her. They were both extremely happy that Dave was finally letting this shit with Millie go. His ass was finally woke and he planned on staying woke.