34: He's Mine

Chapter 34: He's MineApril

April

He's mine
You may have had him once
But I got him all the time
(You can't sleep at night)
He's mine
You may of had him once
But I got him all the time
(Don't try to dry your eyes)
He's mine
You may of had him once
But I got him all the time
(I got him all the time)
[He's Mine: MoKenStef]

April hopped on the jet and couldn't wait for sleep to kick in. On the way to the airport she had popped a sleeping aid knowing she shouldn't have taken it after all the liquor she had just consumed but at this point she didn't care. This was the first time that she had actually taken a sleeping aid in months. Since Dave had been in her life she had no need to take them. Sleep came to her easy these days. Tonight was different though. April didn't want to spend the 5 hour flight woke and deep in her thoughts. All she wanted to do was sleep and not think about what happened between her and her so-called brother Trey. Tonight went horribly wrong and as bad as she didn't want to think about it she probably not only lost a brother but also a sister and that shit hurt. She didn't care too much about how Trey felt because he asked and received more than what he bargained for. As far as Hazel she didn't know if she could deal with losing someone so near and dear to her.

Honestly April knew her weekend would be emotional and tears would be shed but what she didn't know is how her family really felt about her. Right about now April was in her feelings when it came to both Trey and Hazel. The shit that Trey said to her upset her to the core. The fact that Hazel left before she could say goodbye upset her as well. They were best friends. They were sisters. It was always sisters before misters and for her not to be there when she was leaving opened her eyes and spoke volumes to her. It made her question their whole friendship. April knew Hazel was upset about the Trey liking her shit but she also felt like Hazel should've checked her man way before shit turned left.

April knew she dropped a bomb on her but hoped their friendship was bigger than the information she dropped. Besides April never looked at Trey any other way but as a brother and her ex man's homie. She didn't want him at all and hooked him up with Hazel because she thought they would be a perfect fit. April had never even told Chris about how Trey used to look at her. Trey was a nonfactor when it came to anything else besides a brother. Oh well Chris and Hazel would have to deal with that shit anyway they saw fit. Trey was their problem and had he not lost his brain cells the night wouldn't have went as far as it did.

April sat in her seat as her leg bounced up and down. She couldn't wait for the no seatbelt signal to flash so she could get up and go to bed. The way she figured the faster she went to sleep the faster the plane ride home would be. She couldn't stress enough how bad she wanted to get home. She didn't even want to go straight home she wanted her home, Dave because with Dave he felt like home...home and safety and that's what she needed at the moment. April had cleared her baggage and now she was ready to enjoy her life happy and baggage free. As soon as it was clear to get up April was up and on her way to the bedroom yawning. The pill was already taking affect and she was thankful for that.