51: Backstabbers

Chapter 51: BackstabbersApril

April

"Be careful who you share your weakness with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you"

April lay in her bed with blood shot red puffy eyes and cradled in her mother's arm. She had been like this since not only her father but her mother had both dropped bombs on her. On one hand she was happy and still trying to register the news that she was in fact pregnant. She had taken all of the pregnancy tests that her mother had purchased and each one read positive. Now all she had to do was go to the doctor, get confirmation, and see how far along she was which she presumed she was reaching eight weeks which meant she was going on two months. Then on the other hand she was devastated. She had hoped and prayed that there was no snake in her crew and that Millie had been talking out of the side of her neck and pulling shit out of her ass. But for it to be Hazel someone she treated like a sister and was her best friend she felt betrayed in the worst way. The so called trust and loyalty they had, had been broken and there was no repairing it.

They had been best friends since 6th grade, did everything together, and April's family claimed Hazel as one of their own. They did more for her than her own family because most of the time they were busy ignoring her and once she was able to be on her own they stopped fucking with her because they thought that she thought she was better than them. April couldn't believe out of all people she would be the one to betray her. If anybody was the snake she figured it would be Trey but never in a million years did she think Hazel would turn into the enemy. Did she not know she was going to get caught or she just didn't give a fuck? Hazel had to know she was going to pay for this shit. Luckily for April she had kept quiet about the whole ordeal. Only she and Chris questioned a snake.

This shit hurt so badly that April didn't even go home last night. She stayed at her parent's and damn near lost it. April fell apart and became undone. If nothing had hurt her that right there had hurt her to the core she felt like she had gotten hit by a fuckin Mack truck. It was the ultimate betrayal between friends and she never once saw it coming. Hazel was someone she trusted with her life, her secrets, and everything else. Everything April had been through growing up Hazel was right by her side. When Hazel's family was wrapped up in their lives and in the streets forgetting about her and doing God knows what April's family had her back and took her in. They all loved her. When she was starving they made sure she ate. When she needed a roof over her head they took her in no questions asked. The clothes on her back and the shoes on her feet they provided even though they were struggling themselves. Whatever Hazel needed they all had her back and made sure she was straight. So the shit Hazel was pulling was a definite slap to all of their faces.

Laid up in her mother's arms with her hand laid lovingly across her stomach April didn't know what to do or what to think. All she wanted to know was why. Why did Hazel betray her the way she did? What had she done to her that was bad enough for her to befriend her enemy and turn into a snake? It couldn't have been for money because Millie had none. This shit was deeper than that. They were supposed to be best friends and sisters and if she felt any type of way she could've come to her like a real woman and let her know what was what and speak her peace. But to become friends with her enemy a woman she knew damn well didn't like her and then had the nerve to tell her, her business and not just any business but about her son. That was off limits and a major low blow. It was the ultimate no, no. You don't do shit like that especially not to someone you call your best friend and sister. Real friends don't do fuck shit like that. She had Trey questioning her loyalty when he should've been questioning his bitch. The way Hazel was selling secrets April knew she had felt some way for some time now and not just after the shit that went down between her and Trey.