1: Build A Man

Chapter 1: Build A Man?
{April}
2 Years Later

Why didn't mother tell me (Tell me)/they would take the best of me/Leave the rest of me in pieces/Why didn't daddy tell me (Tell me)/That they're only selling dreams/What they do is what they mean

Oh (Oh) If I Could give him a heart that/Only beats me (beats me)/Always follow me/Oh (Oh) give me him a set of eyes that/Only look at me (Only look at me)
[K. Michelle: Build A Man]

They say what doesn't break you makes you. Yes I made it. I love myself more than I ever have and yes life is good. I stopped asking god why Chris and I didn't work out. I guess we weren't meant to be. At the end of the day I'm good though. Do I still think about him? Of course I do. Do I still love him? Duh, you just can't throw years of love away that easily. Am I still in love with him? Nope. I sold my mansion, packed up my belongings, and moved out of state. This right here, what you see is the NEW me.

"Bitch if you don't get ya ass up there" My best friend Hazel said as I sipped on my drink and bopped my head to the music. She had come to visit me like she did every month since I moved from LA back to my hometown Jersey. This particular Friday we were at a lounge that had karaoke and she was trying her best to get me on stage. This was something I hadn't done since college and that's how I was trying to keep it.

"Nope, no way we came to get a good laugh and that's it" I shook my head I wasn't getting on that stage.

"Appie please" her and my lil sister Alaina said in unison while giving me the puppy dog eyes. Oh how they get on my nerves.

"Why can't we just sit back and enjoy ourselves" I whined.

"If I hear one more chick thinking that they're the new NO-oncye' I'm a shoot myself. You don't want me to do that do you" Hazel pleaded.

"Just one song and that's it" I tossed my hands in the air. These bitches got me again.

"I'm a go sign you up before you change your mind" Alaina jumped out of her seat and went straight to the sign in sheet with a big goofy ass smile. "Ok chick you're up next" she cheesed sitting back down.

"Excuse me can I get a double shot of Henny no ice" I asked the waitress walking by.

"Sure I'll be right back with your drink" she replied. She was a cutie. Light skinned, pretty face, small waist, a cute lil ass that fit right in her black dickie work pants, with her nice sized titties. If I was on one tonight I'd definitely bring her ass back to my spot.

"Bitch I see you" Hazel grinned. Hazel knew what it was. We use to hook up in college but stopped when we both got in serious relationships. Just like Alaina knew about my sexuality. We never hid anything from one another. Besides pussy was good and all but my love for dick was way stronger and at the moment I highly needed a good dosage or 2 of vitamin D.

"Keep looking with ya looking ass. Pussy ain't gonna cut it tonight. I need the D" I shook my head as the waitress came back and sat my drink down.

"Thank you" I let my eyes linger a lil longer before picking up my drink and tossing it back like it was nothing but water.

"Oh trust me we know. Pussy probably got cobwebs" Alaina joked and slapped five with Hazel. These bitches had jokes tonight. Sure my shit was out of service at the moment but my shit still got juicy.