38: All I Have

Chapter 38: All I HaveApril

April

All my pride is all I have
Pride is what you had, baby girl, I'm what you have
You'll be needing me, but too bad
Be easy, don't make decisions when you mad
The path you chose to run alone
I know you're independent, you can make it on your own
Here with me you had a home, oh, yeah
But time is of the essence, why spend it alone? Huh
[All I Have: J Lo ft. LL Cool J]

April had finally had some time to herself to just unwind and it was truly needed. She had been so busy with her software launch, getting everything situated for her New Years party, looking for the perfect dress, hair, accessories, and making sure she took some time out to focus and love on Royalty because that was a must. To April spending time with Royalty while she was in Jersey was priority number one for her. It felt like she had so many things to do in so little time that she could barely breathe properly but it was finally done and over with. She had just finished putting lotion on her body, slipped into a black silk pajama pants set, wrapped up her hair, and hopped into bed sighing in relief. Everyone had finally went home and used her private jet to do so which she didn't mind. Besides that's what it was there for. April had received calls from everyone to let her know that they had all arrived safe and sound. Now she was at home and alone. It had been this way for a few months now and she was still getting used to it. Sure she already felt some type of way coming home to an empty house because she didn't have a significant other waiting at home for her but at least Alaina was home. But since Alaina had graduated and moved back to LA to be with August and start her new career April had truly been in an empty house. Quietness was the only thing that greeted her at the door. It surrounded her. It engulfed her. She had wanted a puppy to living up the house and be there to greet her when she came home but she never got around to doing so. It could've been because she was busy or the fact that Dave and Kairi were supposed to help her look for one. It was supposed to be their first little outing and now it was nothing but a distant memory that never happened.

Lying in the bed no TV or music on just pure silence and April in her mind as usual she thought about the night well morning she had spent with Chris getting her back broke just the way she liked it...rough, wild, nasty, and round after round. Although it was a good night scratch that a great night between the two there was a major slip up and although April said she wasn't going to dwell on it she couldn't help but think about the what ifs. To get a second to be a mother was or better yet would be a blessing to her no matter how he/she was conceived. He/she could never replace Jr or bring him back but he/she would be her miracle baby, her saving grace. Ugh she tried and tried to think about so many other things besides a baby because she didn't want to get her hopes up for nothing. The fact that the baby's father would be Chris didn't even bother her. She knew others would think she was probably crazy for even taking such a major step with him again. At this point in her life she had been through so much there had to be some type of light at the end and if it came in a form of a baby then so be it. She was here for it. Shaking her head trying to get her thoughts on other things she got up from her bed, slipped into her fluffy black slippers, headed out of the bedroom, and made her way down the hall to her she cave.