59: Blended Family

Chapter 59: Blended FamilyDave

Dave

BLENDED FAMILIES
Woven together by choice
Strengthened together by love
Tested by everything
And each uniquely ours
[Author Unknown]

Dave abruptly stood up and looked at April confused. He was trying to register what she had just said because he couldn't have heard right. He couldn't have. His woman was not sitting here telling him that she was actually pregnant by another nigga. Dave stood still and eyed her from top to bottom taking her all in examining every last one of her features making a pit stop at her stomach. It was still flat so he knew she wasn't far along. This shit was fresh, fresh.

"Repeat that" he asked trying to keep calm as he clenched and unclenched his fist trying hard not to blow up on her.

"I'm pregnant" April hesitantly repeated and took a few deep breaths looking like she was two seconds away from running the hell out of dodge. He couldn't blame her if her ass took off running because he was about to lose his shit.

"And Chris is ya baby daddy" he raised a questioning brow as he mugged her. He knew it was some funny shit going on between the two of them but he never in a million years expected this outcome. He figured maybe Chris was still trying to shoot his shot but he never would've guessed he actually shot up the club instead.

"Yes" April nodded her head. "Before you jump to conclusions I literally just found out and wanted to keep it to myself until I made three months. I didn't want to jinx my baby" she said as her eyes teared up. He didn't want her to cry but this shit was blowing his mind. He felt like she should've been told him regardless of when she found out. She should've told him that it was a possibility from the jump so he would've known how to react during this very moment.

"So yesterday when I was telling you what the fuck was going on in my life you couldn't tell me what was going on in yours" Dave snapped feeling betrayed. April was never one to keep secrets especially not from him so he definitely wasn't feeling it.

"I wanted to tell you believe me I did but I didn't want to chance it"

"Ya pregnant by another nigga and you wore that lingerie around me last night like I could've fucked yet I'm the one on probation. What the fuck is wrong with you" Dave damn near shouted mad as hell in his feelings. April just sat there with her eyes on his not really knowing what to say or do at the moment.

"Can we take this upstairs? Kiari is still sleeping" she asked as she cautiously stood up.

"Bring ya ass" Dave stormed out of the living room and went straight upstairs to her bedroom with April right behind him.

"David I'm sorry" she said as she stood in front of him as her eyes danced over him and around the room. "But I'm a need you to stop talking to me like you done lost ya fuckin mind. I'm not a fuckin child" she fumed and rolled her eyes. At the moment he could care less if she had an attitude, rolled her eyes, or stomped her feet.