6: Just Like A Pill

Chapter 6: Just Like A Pill
April

I can't stay on your life support,
There's a shortage in the switch,
I can't stay on your morphine,
'Cause it's making me itch
I said I tried to call the nurse again
But she's being a little bitch,
I think I'll get outta here, where I can
Run just as fast as I can
To the middle of nowhere
To the middle of my frustrated fears
And I swear you're just like a pill
Instead of makin' me better,
You keep makin' me ill
[Just Like A Pill: Pink]

"If you don't mind the drive I can def go for some good ass seafood" Alaina said from the back as she rubbed her stomach. Hazel and April already knew what spot she wanted to go to.

"Girl yes I haven't been to the spot in a long while" Hazel added in. April didn't mind the drive. Shit she was dressed and after that little interaction with ole boy she had a little extra pep in her step. She was feeling good.

"I'm down Sammy's Fish Box it is" April stopped at the light and put the restaurant's address in the GPS.

"Bitchhhhh" Alaina exaggerated as she looked down at her phone.

"You must've just seen the same shit I saw" Hazel looked back at her with wide eyes.

"If you're talking bout someone's post on IG then hell yea" Alaina said as they turned their heads and focused on April as if she saw whatever was on IG. Truthfully she had been avoiding social media since yesterday.

"Obviously y'all know something I don't. Care to share" April looked in the rearview mirror at Alaina then glanced at Hazel for a second before focusing back on the road.

"I didn't see this happening but then again I could definitely see his ass doing it" Hazel mumbled chewing on the tip of her acrylic nail.

"So y'all not gonna say anything" April rolled her eyes growing annoyed.

"You've been tagged but I suggest you read it yourself" Alaina spoke up.

"Tagged by who" she raised her brow. Since last night everybody's been tagging her.

"You'll see. Shit I could read it to you but I think it's better if you read it yourself"

"Does this have anything to do with yesterday's events and Christopher" April questioned but neither one of them answered automatically giving April the answer to her question. "If its bullshit I'm not with the fuck shit today" she huffed. Nothing was going to bring her down from this little high she was on.

"Nope, not bad at all but it would be better if you read it yourself" Alaina spoke up.

"Aight bet LaLa" she left it alone.

Hazel took this time to change the subject before April's mood could go left and she was thankful for it. All throughout the ride all she could think about was what the hell was she tagged in this time. April knew if it was some bullshit they'd a came right out and told her already and the fact that they didn't think it was bullshit definitely had her wheels turning. She wondered who mentioned her this time because she was done with the bullshit ass 2 cents people kept adding in commenting and assuming about shit they knew nothing about.

45 minutes later they were in the Bronx in City Island in the parking lot of Sammy's Fish Box. Passing valet her keys the girls grabbed their purses and headed out the lot and across the street inside the restaurant waiting to be seated. Luckily it wasn't a long wait as usual. Seated, drinks, and food ordered they sat at the booth sharing small talk.