78: Daddy Daughter Day

Chapter 78: Daddy Daughter Day Dave & Chris

Dave & Chris

"I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is the king."
[By: Author Unknown]

"Come on Lil Butt let's find ya momma so she can fix ya hair" Dave said as he finished getting Kairi dressed for the day. It had been two weeks since baby Triple B had been born so he and Chris had decided to take the girls out for a little daddy daughter date which they had been excited about. They wanted to make sure all of the girls were getting attention especially with everyone focused on the baby.

"Ok" Kairi said and cupped his hand as they walked out of her bedroom and down the hall to his and April's bedroom.

April was in the middle of the bed sitting against the headboard breast feeding and talking to Charlie all smiles. Since Charlie had been born Dave had noticed that April seemed to be nothing but smiles and much happier. He knew it was because Charlie had actually survived and every day she had a chance to hold her miracle baby in her arms and she finally had a little piece of her that shared the same DNA who would love her unconditionally. Dave just looked at her and smiled. He loved seeing her in mommy mode. She was a great mother to both of their children. No one was treated differently and let anybody tell it Kairi came from her with the way she treated her.

"Aye ma ya Love Bug needs the hook up" Dave said as he looked down at Kairi's curly hair lying all over the place while she let go of his hand and made her way to the bed with her eyes on Triple B. She loved her new baby sister and she was there to help whether it was getting her pacifier or a diaper. Whatever Kairi could do she would do it. She wanted to be around her at all times and so far she hadn't shown a lick of jealousy but that was because they made sure she was good too.

"Ok we're gonna have to switch though. You burp Triple B and I'll handle Love Bug's hair" April said as Charlie finished up. She pulled her away, fixed her shirt, and wiped her mouth off with her custom Pop's Loves Me bib curtesy of Dave. His ass had low key bought her all these Pops Loves Me onesies, bibs, and other shit behind April's back.

"Bet" he took the baby's towel off April's shoulder, got into bed, took Charlie into his arms, and got in position to burp her. While April got out of the bed, scooped up Kairi, and took her to her vanity where her hair box now resided. Dave couldn't believe he was doing this whole baby thing again but he loved fatherhood so he was here for it and with April it was easy and the fact that he wasn't treated like he wasn't Charlie's father made the situation better. He had basically been a part of her life from pretty much the beginning and was by April's side from the time she told him. So yea Charlie was his too. He didn't even feel like a step father.

"Ok Love Bug what style are we doing today" April asked looking down at Kairi who was in deep thought. Dave just looked at her and shook his head while he burped the baby. They went through this every time she got her hair done unless April had a set style she wanted to do.