77.1: Princess Triple B on Board

Chapter 77

Chapter 77.1: Princess Triple B on Board cont...
Omniscient

Meanwhile...

Chris had been pacing back and forth in the main living room of April's house ever since he had got the call from Dave that her water had finally broken. He had already been through the motions thinking he might've missed it since he had to come later than expected but he was right on time. He hadn't even been at her house for a full hour when he had gotten the call. There was no Mama Joyce or Royalty by his side tonight. One Mama Joyce would be coming later on during the week and Royalty was with her mother so he had to wait for his two weeks to kick in. This shit had him on edge. Sure he was there when Nia had given birth to Royalty but April was having a water birth instead of a traditional birth so he didn't know how his nerves were going to be during the process. He just hoped that he'd be fine because he knew they both needed him.

At the same time he was scared. He was thinking about what April had been through with Jr even though he knew this situation was different. For one his little seedling had been healthy all the way through her doctor visits and she had fully baked. But Chris knew anything could happen and as much as he tried to be positive Jr just played over and over in his head. He wanted to know was April ok. Was she in too much pain? He just wanted her to be all the way good well as good as she could be during this time. Chris just wanted to be by her side and go through the process with her. He wanted to see it with his own eyes that she was ok so it would ease his wondering mind just a tinge.

"Chris...boy if you don't stop pacing back and forth ya gonna walk right through the floor" Ananda said as she an Ian entered the house. Chris was so into his thoughts that he hadn't heard the front door open, the alarm go off, or hear them enter the house. Yet here they were looking at him going through the motions.

Ian chuckled and looked at Chris. He could see panic written all over his face. "Calm down son this isn't ya first time at the rodeo. Breathe Peanut is gonna need you to be on point. You know she won't be any good if you aren't" Ian said as he put down his and Ananda's overnight bag and approached him placing his hands on his shoulders. Chris took a big deep breath and sighed in relief. He was glad he wasn't in here by himself anymore. He wasn't alone.

"Mama I'm a take him to the basement. Be on the lookout for Peanut's midwife and staff" Ian said as he looked at Ananda getting ready to setup the mood for April. She wanted April to be comfortable, in a peaceful setting, and as calm as she could be. She just wanted this moment to be just right for her.

"Ok" she nodded and walked off.

"Come on son it looks like you could use a drink and a smoke" Ian said as he patted his shoulders.

"Bet" Chris nodded and followed behind him downstairs and to the basement. As soon as they got down there Chris went straight to the bar and fixed him a double shot of Henny and threw it back like it was water while Ian looked at him ready to laugh but kept it cool. He wasn't going to get on his ass just yet but after the baby was born it was a wrap. Chris plopped down on the couch and placed his head in his hands. The way he was acting was as if this was his first child.