20: Pop Ups & Family Dinners

Chapter 20: Pop Ups & Family DinnersDave

Dave

This couldn't be happening tonight but oh it was. Out of all nights it had to happen tonight. What else could go wrong? Not only was Dave irritated but he was low key livid. It was well after 2am and his lil butt was supposed to be in the house and tucked away in bed getting proper sleep yet she was outside the house with her mother waiting for him to open the door. He didn't know what was going on but he hoped his lil butt was good because if she was harmed in anyway somebody was going to pay. Tonight was proving to be a shitty night afterall.

"Mami that was Millie on the phone she's at the door with lil butt. I don't know what's going on all I know is that my baby should be in the bed sleeping and not in the streets this late" Dave said and ran his hands back over his face irritated as his doorbell went off. "She can't be serious right now" he thought to himself.

"Papi go let them in and take care of your family" April said with a blank face. Here Dave was just telling her that he was done with Millie and now she's magically at his door like she does this often. Mind you it's after 2am.

"Let me handle this and I'll be back" he quickly pecked her lips and exited out of the bedroom closing the door behind him before she could say anything else. Taking the stairs 2 at a time he rushed to the door looking through the peephole to see if it really was her. He grew up in the hood he was no one's fool. Once he saw Millie with his lil butt sleep in her arms he disabled the alarm and immediately opened the door taking lil butt from her arms and gave her a once over to make sure she wasn't hurt or had a fever. Dave exhaled a breath he didn't even know he was holding. His little girl was safe and unharmed. Taking his eyes off Kairi he finally looked at Millie.

"Well excuse me" Millie smacked her lips and pushed her way inside rolling her eyes.

"What's going on and why you got my daughter out so damn late" he questioned pissed as his daughter snuggled into his neck sighing in contentment as if she was relieved to be in his arms. When it came to Kairi she was the definition of a daddy's girl and Dave didn't mind one bit. From the way Millie was looking and acting he already knew that it wasn't an emergency and that pissed him off even more. Dave wondered what excuse she was going to roll with this time because she always had 101 excuses.

"My mom was on her shit again so I packed a bag and left" she replied without a care in the world like she didn't see the problem with waking their daughter up in the middle of the night and bringing her out the house late because of an argument she had with her mother.

What happened to going in your room and just closing the door? Dave knew Millie was on her typical bullshit. Most likely Millie was the reason behind the argument. From the looks of it Millie looked like she had a wild night. Her clothes were wrinkled, she was sporting bed hair, smelled like alcohol mixed with weed and men's cologne, and the big ass hickies laced around her neck did nothing for her story. Most likely she left Kairi with her mother with the pretense of coming right back and knowing her she didn't come back at the time she said she would. Granted Dave didn't care who she fucked with. It was her life to live just like he was living his but he didn't want Kairi to suffer through shit she didn't have to.