42: God I Get It

Chapter 42: God I Get ItDave

Dave

Always loving what don't love me
Put my trust in things I don't need
My poor heart should be mad at me
I just leave my wounds to bleed
Haven't I learned anything
You showed me signs to help me see
But I love so blindly
I'm taking full responsibility
God I get it
I'm a mess and I admit it, whoa
I keep learning the same lessons
While I'm missing out on blessings
God I get it, whoa whoa
[God I Get It: K Michelle]

"Hello" Dave answered the phone anticipating the voice behind the call. He knew some shit was about to pop off but he still couldn't wait to hear her voice the very same voice that haunted him in his dreams. The same voice he missed falling asleep to and waking up to.

"Hey it's me" April sighed. "We need to talk" she sounded so irritated and so annoyed but her voice was still music to his ears. Honestly he missed it more than he let on but he knew that this wasn't a social call and that upset him. Little did he know his voice still had the same effect on April? It was the one voice she longed to hear. Whose fault was it though? He had enough time to make it right but he chose not to and now they both had to live with his choice even if they didn't want to.

"How ya doing" he asked trying to savor the moment before the moment turned sour because he knew it was definitely going to turn sour.

April chuckled but it wasn't a happy chuckle. It was filled with sarcasm and utter annoyance. "I've been better. I was doing great but ya girl strikes yet again...you" she replied and Dave just knew she rolled her eyes and there was nothing he could say or do about it.

Dave sighed and rubbed his free hand down his face. "Look I'm sorry bout that ma"

"Nope, uh uh don't call me that shit. Reserve it for the bitch you fuckin with. You know my name use it" April cut him off and snapped.

He understood why she didn't want to be called ma so he left it alone. The last thing he wanted to do was argue with her. "Look I'm sorry. I made her delete the posts. You shouldn't be seeing anything else like that" Millie was more harm than good but he promised her that he would give his all for the sake of their relationship no matter how stupid she made him look.

April laughed. "Like that's gonna stop her. She'll stop for now and then start right back up again. I'm off her ass and I been off her ass from jump. Not only am I fed the fuck up but my family is too. What she said today was out of line, fuckin outta pocket, disrespectful, and hurtful as hell. No woman especially a woman with a child should say no bullshit like that. She fucked up bad even Chris is mad and trust me he has every right to be" April went on. Dave knew Millie had crossed the line. The shit was honestly embarrassing and he understood why April's people were mad. They had every right to jump on her case but he couldn't let them. Dave had to settle whatever beef Millie had with April and settle it fast.