45: Grass Ain't Greener

Chapter 55:  Grass Ain't GreenerDave

Dave

You used to be the one to talk to on the side
Waiting for my love to break up
It's crazy how your ass can walk through every night
Acting like you been a player
That grass ain't greener on the other side, I've been there
Oh yeah, I've been there
That grass ain't greener on the other side
Oh yeah
[Grass Ain't Greener: Chris Brown]

"Uncle Ian" Dave mentally groaned he already knew what this call was for and who and what it was about.

Fuckin Millie! He knew sooner or later that Ian would get in contact with him. Why wouldn't he? He also followed Dave on IG and Dave knew Ian just like the rest of April's people who followed him knew who Millie had been talking about from the very beginning. He knew Ian was about his family and his daughters were not to be fucked with and for him to get this call from him he knew Millie had barked up the wrong tree and took things too far. Ian was only calling him to give him a warning before shit went down. He was giving him enough time to clean up his house and get it in order before Ian himself made a house call. Just like Dave knew that if Ian didn't know him personally and considered him family he wouldn't have gotten a courtesy call at all and he was thankful for that.

"Unc what's good? Long time no speak" Dave greeted him hoping he could smooth shit over.

It had been a long time since Dave and Ian had spoken. Ian had actually hit him up on IG and they had exchanged numbers when Ian found out he and April were no more. That was the day she had actually broken it off with him. Ian hadn't gone off on him but he did let him know that his little girl's heart wasn't to be toyed with and left it at that. Ian was the proud Papa bear type so Dave knew he'd go above and beyond for his daughters just like he would for Kairi. So Dave respected it and could also see where Ian was coming from. He could relate.

"Same nephew but I'm pretty sure you know why I'm calling" Ian spoke sternly.

Dave rubbed his free hand over his face. "Yea, I'll handle it"

"Good, good you do that. I don't know why you and my lil girl keep playing this game and torturing y'all selves anyway. We all know y'all both still got the feels for each other but like I said y'all are too busy playing games. April is too damn much of an angel at times and too damn nice. She rather let non deserving mothafuckas step all over her happiness instead of taking what she deserves or what's rightfully hers. It's her gift and her curse" Ian said.

"As far as you go I see right through you nephew ya not happy with ya old lady but ya trying to do the right thing for ya baby girl and I commend you for that but ya happiness matters too. My daughter makes you happy and you make my daughter happy even though right now she's not fuckin with you and I can't blame her. You did some fuck shit" Ian paused as Dave let all he had said sink in.