65: False Friends

Chapter 65: False FriendsApril

April

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in sunshine, but leaving us when we cross into the shade."
[By: Christian Nevell Bovee]

April had woken up feeling like shit as she jumped out of Dave's arms and bed altogether and raced to the bathroom with him trailing right behind her not missing a beat. As soon as she reached the toilet she let go. Everything and nothing was coming out at this point. Deep down April knew it was more than just the usual morning sickness that had her feeling this way. It was way deeper. It was the morning before the big day and all night April had felt a way. Even in her sleep she tossed and turned. This shit had been haunting her since the day she found out.

Never in her wildest dreams did she expect that she'd have to treat someone she called her sister and best friend like a random broad in the streets but it had to be done. She didn't think that it would come down to this but it did. She didn't even think she would have to watch her back around someone she trusted with her life but she did. With Hazel being a snake ass bitch it had April low key eyeing any and everybody because Hazel proved that even family couldn't be trusted which April already knew but now she had proven just how real shit was and could be.

Dave silently rubbed her back as she let everything go. She was even in full blown tears. Her morning sickness had actually been calming down tremendously but this morning it was ridiculous. Finally letting everything out April leaned back against the wall looking defeated with her head in her hands silently crying while Dave had gotten up and got a fresh wash rag and dampened it with cool water. He flushed the toilet then took a seat in front of her on the floor and gently wiped her face off then pulled her into his arms. As soon as he wrapped her up in his arms April started sobbing. She was so busy being strong and putting on a brave face but this shit with Hazel hurt her to the core. For God's sake the fuckin girl was her sister. They did everything together, shared secrets, had matching tattoos, and did everything sisters and best friends would do with each other.

Now to fully have to come to terms with this was hitting her hard like a ton of bricks. April knew that at the end of the day she was going to be ok as usual but it was going to take her some time to grasp that Hazel would never be the one she called when she was excited about something. She couldn't even call her when she felt like shit was going left. Shit she couldn't even tell her that she was pregnant when she told everyone else. Hazel would no longer be welcomed in any of their family homes.

There would no longer be invites sent to her to celebrate with them. She wouldn't be there for the baby shower, her birthday, when the baby was born, her future wedding, or any other special occasion that she would normally be at. Maid of honor who? It damn sure wouldn't be her and that shit hurt every time she thought about it. Her A1 day one was supposed to be by her side throughout everything. Luckily she still had her little sister who she knew without a doubt would always be by her side and honestly that was all she needed.