40: Lyin King

Chapter 40: Lyin KingDave

Dave

Okay, so you just
Go around breaking hearts just to see what is inside
Go around stealing em, feeding em to your pride
Did you ever stop and think that
I might really need that
To stay alive?
I'm starting to believe that
You don't really see that
I had given you my life, oh yeah
But it's okay, I'm going to find my way
But as for you, I don't know what to say
If you don't learn, you'll never know a good thing
You'll never know a good thing
[Lyin King: Jhene Aiko]

"Damn it's fucked up out there" Shooter said as he looked out the small window to see the snow storm in full effect. Anybody that was outside needed to be inside hours ago the snow was coming down rapidly, heavily, and definitely sticking making a massive snow blanket. Luckily for him he was stuck at Dave's crib right along with Bully so he was good for the night and didn't mind being there.

"Word I thought it was gonna be one of those bullshit storms" Bully said as he leaned back against Dave's couch that he had set up in his in home studio setup in his fully furnished basement/man cave. This was a place Dave frequented a lot especially since he had started fucking with Millie again.

"You know we fucked with days like this. This use to be good money we'd shovel bout 4 or 5 spots and be able to get some wings fried hard with shrimp fried rice, a dub or 2, and be good for the next few days" Dave chimed in reminiscing on how they use to come up back in the day for shoveling snow. It might not have been quick money because it damn sure took some time but it damn sure was easy money.

"Hell yea" Shooter and Bully clapped it up agreeing.

"Damn" Shooter sighed looking down at his phone.

"Fuck wrong with you" Dave looked at him and back down at his notebook. He was working on new music for his next mixtape.

"Nothing for you to worry bout just on IG that's all"

"Same shit I said when I read the post" Bully said as he was looking over at Shooter's phone being nosey. It was basically a picture of April snuggled in bed by herself with the caption Cuffin Season where?! Can't relate 😩😂...

"Y'all niggas keeping shit to y'all selves"

"We ain't keeping shit to ourselves. We don't do shit like that. You already know if I got something to say I'm a say it but you'd know if you didn't pull that fuck shit you did last week." Shooter shrugged. Dave already knew who it was about at this point.

"Bruh" Dave put down his pen and leaned back in the office chair he was sitting in. Shooter and Bully had been off him since he unfollowed April. They thought it was a bitch move. Gossip sites were going ham trying to pull stories out their asses and his fans were trying to figure out what was going on between the two. It didn't make it any better that it fueled Millie's battery pack because she was going in like she had won a damn noble peace prize or some shit. Dave had told her countless times to stop but she was still throwing jabs here and there as if April could see them. Then the fact that April had sent him a text before he had the chance to block her on his phone did something to him. He didn't know exactly how she took the unfollow but he knew it wasn't well and he felt bad for that too but he had to do what he had to do. The way he saw it was family first.