What? Mercer x Y/n

shadowninja654 has requested.

Mercer Pov,

Another step closer to regaining our foothold in the hold. My girlfriend Y/n walks up to my desk and sits in my chair. No one knows about our relationship except for Brynjolf.

"Love, there's people around. What if we have a spy in here and they take you away from me? I could not deal with the pain that you were taken away from me. I love you."

Y/n props her feet up on my desk and crosses her arms.

"Fine, I'm going on another one of my adventures. Don't come after me."

She does this when I tell her not to do something when it could reveal our relationship. She walks out of the Guild and she grabs Brynjolf's wrist as she stomps out. About an hour later Brynjolf walks up to my desk and looks me in the eyes with a worrisome look.

"Look, Mercer, Y/n's not coming back for a while and she's leaving Skyrim for a while. Oh ya and here."

Brynjolf hands me a letter with Y/n's handwriting in it.

Dear Mercer,

I want to have others know about our relationship. But instead, it was kept a secret. I understand why you didn't want it to be announced. I followed your orders but I can't keep it a secret. So I'm going to Elsweyr, High Rock, Valenwood, and Summerset Isles. I don't know when I'm coming back or if ever. 

I love you, Y/n

Brynjolf walks away when he sees tears forming in my eyes. Brynjolf comes back with an armful of mead.

"Figured you'd need these. See ya, Mercer."

About six months later a courier runs into the Cistern and hands me a few letters and about 1,000 septims to me and he leaves. I stare at letters and I place the gold down. I figured the letters were from other holds saying that we have a foot in there. But when I read the top letter's title, I realize that it was a letter about Y/n's death. Tears were forming in my eyes when I finished reading that letter. I look at the other four letters. Three were from Y/n and one was from Solitude. Tears were rolling down my face as I read Y/n's letters.

A day goes by, a week goes by, a month, two months, a year goes by. I get drunk and release my anger on the Guild. Nothing's really changed except I was drunk and avoiding my feelings. About a year and four months I drown my sorrow and emotions with mead. 

I wake up and I decide that today I was going to face my feelings and be sober. I walk into the Guild and everything seems to be going smoothly so I walk over to my desk and look over my plans. A woman in daedric armor or I think is a woman walks up to my desk and sits in my chair and props her feet up on my desk.

"Mercer."

I turn to the woman dressed in Daedric armor but she wasn't there. She disappeared. This happened for almost two years. The mysterious woman would appear about once or twice a month. 

Today was the three-year mark of Y/n's death. The very woman that I've been seeing for about two years appeared and did her walk over to my desk and sit in my chair. I turn to the woman and look into her eyes. I hear someone call my name and it was Brynjolf.

"Mercer stop looking at the empty chair. We have a new recruit Her name is F/n."

F/n was dressed head to toe in Nightingale armor. I couldn't see her face. She looked like the woman that had been walking into the Guild and disappearing for about two years but in different armor. Ravene held her hand out for me to shake.

"F/n does speak much so don't ask her too many questions."

I look at the girl and she is holding herself as if she is carrying a whole lot of guilt on her shoulders. She turns away and an old face appears. Karliah was standing in the shadows in her Nightingale armor as well. 

"Mercer... come..."

I walk over to Karliah and she is holding a ring that was Y/n's. Karliah whispers in my ear.

"Mercer, do you really believe that Y/n is dead? For all you know she is standing in this very room or she's in Whiterun or even Valenwood. All I'm saying is she isn't dead and I know that for a fact. I've been helping her since she left you."

Karliah disappears out of thin air and I am left standing there with a dumb look of shock on my face.

"Brynjolf!! Come here and bring F/n with you. F/n, to test your skill you'll break into someone's home."

"Mercer, you don't mean Ahzira's house. You know not even our little Vex couldn't even break into that Cat's house."

"Well, we need to test this woman's skill. Even though this guild is booming with gold all thanks to Y/n. We can't be taking in beggers."

F/n looks at me and I am guessing she glares at me.

"Mercer, Brynjolf, I can and will do any challenge that you send my way. Just say the word and I'll do it."

F/n walks away and climbs out of the guild. Brynjolf turns to me and gives me the 'seriously?' look.

"What? We need able thieves."

Brynjolf rolls his eyes and walks away. About a week goes by and F/n has finally returned with Ahzira's bow and sword. F/n stares at the ground and I pull her face up. I pull her mask off her face and it's Y/n with tears stained cheeks.

"Y/n, why did you do this to me? I am so sorry that I didn't think of how you felt about us hiding our relationship."

I pull Y/n's face towards mine and every emotion that I had poured into my kiss. We fight for dominance but she wins. Her eyes flutter as I pull her closer towards me. We break apart breathless and her pupils are blown with passion. She brings my face towards her's and I swear I saw everybody watching all wide-eyed and their mouths hanging open. I saw Brynjolf holding a thumbs up and then make dirty gestures.

Man I need to stop saying that I'm going to write and then I don't. Anyways I hope you liked it.