If only love were so simple Mercer x Timid! Y/n

CaptinSailorBello

Y/n Pov,

The Cistern was musty as ever. Everyone had their own lives that they took care of and dealt with. Brynjolf would have nightmares about the time he tried to steal from the Solitude Jarl's home and how he got caught. Rune still wishes that he could find out more about his past. Sapphire still has restless nights of what those people did to her so long ago. Delvin doesn't sleep much and Vex doesn't either. Everyone still is either have nightmares about their past mistakes or what they don't want to happen. Mercer on the other hand never sleeps, he seems too busy to rest or take breaks here and there. Everyone will either stay awake as much as they can or try to forget their worries in mead and still be haunted by the mistakes.

I am still haunted by my past from before I joined the guild or even before I came to Skyrim. I'm haunted by Alduin's bane on the world until the Dragonborn appears from the legends and defeats the dragon. My dreams are filled with old memories from when my ex-boyfriend killed my parents before me. The dreams prevent me from trusting Mercer or even Brynjolf. My past haunts my dreams so even when I am awake I still see the fire from my old childhood home and the blood slaughter caused by the one who ruined everything for me. I see Helgan's fire appear when I pass by the old city. I can feel the heat of it as well. Mercer's accompanied a few times on my missions just so he can make that I'm ok.

"Hey Y/n... Are you ok? You've been real quiet lately. Do you want to talk about it?" Mercer would say as I would pass him in the Ragged Flagon and especially when we are on adventures as well. 

"Ya... just haunted by my past of before I came to Skyrim. I can still hear the screams of my mom as my ex stabbed my mom. I can see my older brother pushing me out of my burning home before the fire consumed him and my home. I can still smell the smoke and hear my ex calling my name. I remember the tears rolling down my face as I grabbed my sword and stab him in the heart. I can recall all the nasty things he said when he had his hold on me." I exclaim as tears were rolling down my face.

Mercer was conflicted about what he heard. I could see the anger washing over him as sadness washed over the anger soon after that. Mercer walked over to me and held me tight as tears rolled down my cheeks and the memories kept flooding my mind. Mercer's hold would tighten as the tears rolled down faster and faster. He pulls back and I stare into his eyes and I see absolute love in his eyes. He mouthed 'I love you' before he pulled me into a much-needed kiss. I pull back and Mercer had hurt in his eyes but he understood why I did so. He knew I didn't trust myself when it came to relationships. 

I whisper into his ear, "Mercer thank you for being there for me when I'd just randomly break down in tears. I love you too and I wish I'd trust myself when it came to relationships."

Mercer had tears brimming in his eyes when I told him that.

"Well, I'll be there for you whenever you need me. I only do this for you Love. Take your time, I know that your past has a hold on you so don't fret to ask me or pull me away from my work just so you could have a shoulder to lean on. My shoulder is always open for you whenever you need it." Mercer says with a smile as he dries up my tears.

Well... Here ya go. I know it might not exactly be a timid reader but I like how it turned out. I love ya'll my alfredo people. (Still, don't know why I'm calling ya'll that. But love ya'll).

<3
(*^3^)/~♡