Flickering Love Mercer x Y/n

Y/n Pov,

"Mercer! Get it through your damn brain that I am not going to be one of your one-night stands!" I was yelling at Mercer from across the Cistern.

"Y/n, but you won't be one of my one night stands. What can I do to prove it to you?" Mercer was practically begging on his hands and knees.

"Mercer and Y/n! What is going on here? I can't believe I'm saying this to you both but if Y'all have a something going on, go solve it elsewhere!" Brynjolf was getting ready to throw us both out the secret entrance so Mercer and I could solve this issue.

"But Brynjolf, Mercer was trying to bed me, and I don't want to be treated like a damn slut that can be passed along when he's finished with me." Anger was seeming through my words and they were striking Mercer where it hurt.

"Seriously... You wake everyone in the guild because Mercer can't keep it in his pants? Man, and I thought I was petty... Look, you both go to Mercer's house and solve it there while everyone gets some sleep." Brynjolf was pinching the bridge of his nose because he was sleep deprived and couldn't believe the reason why he was being kept awake.

Everyone in the guild was looking at the three of us. We each were staring at one another and Brynjolf wasn't having it, so he grabs Mercer's collar and drags him to Mercer's place. Before Bryn does the same to me I put my hands up and follow him to Mercer's. Mercer was thrown over the gate because Brynjolf has had enough of Mercer's bull. Brynjolf gives me the crazy stare at me for he carefully tosses me above the gate. Brynjolf was muttering something but it was so mumbled that we didn't want to know. I turn to look at Mercer and he seems even more surprised than me.

"Uhh... Well, we got on the wrong side of someone. Hehe?" I try to hide my embarrassment, but I fail terribly.

Mercer gets up and brushes himself off and then he helps me up and we walk into his house. Luckily all of Mercer's bodyguards were either dead or were fired. Mercer leads me to a spare room that is not far from his.

"Are you really worried that I'd consider you a one-night stand?" Mercer says before turning to leave me in the spare room. "You're more to me than that," Mercer mumbled as he reached his room.

It was really hard not to rush into his room and rip his clothes off his body. I have self-control or at least to an extent. I begin to get ready to go to sleep and I crawl into the bed and try to sleep. Tossing and turning was all I got so I walked into Mercer's room to snuggle next to him. In my process of going to his room, I bump into a wall and a topless Mercer jolts out of his room with a sword in hand and he begins to look around. He lowers his hands when he realizes that it was me. I just slightly smile as Mercer just rolls his eyes and goes back into his room. I hesitantly begin to walk into Mercer's room and I see him just sitting there with a mug of ale in hand. Before I walk in I try my best to compose myself before I walk in.

"Y/n, I know you're there so just come on out." He says with an unimpressed voice as I slowly walk into his room.

"Damnit... I need to work on that." I try to joke and get Mercer to laugh and luckily, he at least snickers.

He picks up his blanket and lets me get comfy in his bed. In this instant, I began to get tired. His strong scent filled my nose and it was practically getting me sleepy. Mercer just looks at me and he smiles as he mutters that he loves me then he got comfy and wrapped an arm around my waist. In response, I pull my head up to where his head is and I kiss him passionately. He does his best to hold back all his urges, but it works to an extent. He was already running his hands through my hair and back. We were fighting for dominance and he wins. I pull away breathlessly and Mercer tries to kiss me again, but I push him back.

"Not today Mr... I'm still not gonna let you take advantage of me like that." I try to remain calm and not let my instincts take control and luckily, I win.

"You're such a tease Y/n. Now I got to take care of something before we actually sleep."

Before he walks out, he begins to bite my neck and suck on it. I try my best to suppress my breathy moans, so I wouldn't show that I was actually enjoying it. He pulls away feeling defeated and he begins to walk away. I just snicker as Mercer walks out of the room and then he comes back in about ten minutes. He returns tired as ever and he snuggles me before we sleep.

Morning comes around and Mercer was still laying there fast asleep with his arm wrapped around my waist. I flick him in the forehead and he begins to stir.

"Morning Frey... Sleep well?"

"I see that my marking on your neck and collarbone have shown. We don't people to think that you aren't mine. Plus, we need Brynjolf to think that we actually had sex. Just to tip him off."

We both began to snicker as we were getting ready to go back into the guild. Mercer seemed to have been in a good mood even though he didn't get any. Brynjolf didn't seem surprised when he saw my neck.

"Aye Lass, about last night. You both really need to solve your issues that happen in the middle of the night at y'alls houses, not in the Rat Way or Cistern. Glad you both... relieved yourselves even though you guys didn't actually do it. You can't tip me off that easily Lass." Brynjolf seemed unimpressed at the efforts to tip him off.

"Darn... gotta do better next time. I'll remember next time." I suppressed a laugh when I was making that comment.

As the day went on Mercer and I was staring at each other. We were practically eye-fucking each other and everyone knew to steer clear when Mercer and I were in the same room because both of us looked as if we could pounce at any second and they didn't want to get caught in between.