Flirting is the new dating Modern AU! Mirrak x Y/n

shadowninja654

Y/n Pov,

Ping! Ping! My phone buzzes telling me that my good friend Ahzira was blowing up my phone with texts. 

Texts from Ahzira and Y/n,

Ahzira: "Hey, you should see this guy! -sends a pic of dude-"
Ahzira: "His name is Mirrak and he's really nice."
Me: "Fine, I'll be out to meet him in twenty."
Ahzira: "Too late, he's at your front door."
Me: "Why in Nirn did you take him to my house?"
Me: "Answer your damn phone!"
Ahzira: "Here's his number... (xxx)-xxx-xxxx

Texts from Mirrak and Y/n,

Mirrak: "Hey uhh can you let me in? It's getting cold out here and Ahzira just dropped me off without a word."
Me: "Ya, one sec..."

I put on a proper shirt and jeans then I head to the door. I open the door and Mirrak is holding a Starbucks coffee cup and wearing a dark colored hoodie. He just smiles as I stand aside to let the Nord inside. I peek outside to see if Ahzira's vehicle was anywhere in sight. I walk back inside and close my door.

"Hey, uhh Mirrak, right? My name's Y/n, in case Ahzira didn't tell you." I shyly say as I walk to the living room.

"Ya, and nice to meet you Y/n. Ahzira didn't tell me anything at all. I literally just met her today because she saw me sitting inside of Starbucks on my phone. She uhh walked inside and grabbed my phone to add her number and your number."

"Well, that's Ahzira alright. I don't know what I'd do without that Khajiit. She's actually really nice and not always that rude."

"I mean it's ok. She seemed nice all though she told me to get in her car after she introduced herself to me." 

"Hehe, like I said that's Ahzira alright. So uhh so what are your hobbies Mirrak?"

"Well, I'm quite new here but I like reading and gaining knowledge."

"Hehe, Nerd much? Just joking, I love reading as well. What else do you like to do besides reading?"

"Well, I love watching movies that I've collected over the years."

"Cool, what kind of movies do you like to watch?"

"Well, I like Marvel films but I'm not like obsessed with it."

"Awesome, I love Marvel. So Mirrak... Are you dating anyone?"

"There was one woman in my life but that ended a long time ago a few years back."

"Oh ok, so any questions that you'd want to ask?"

"Well, are you dating anyone Y/n?"

"No... Not at the moment. Ahzira has been trying to set me up with people thought. I'm kinda figuring that Ahzira is trying to set us up with each other. Honestly, if I was being honest, I'd say that she didn't do that bad of a job choosing this time. I uhh shit... Did I say that out loud didn't I? Sorry, but I was only being honest though."

Mirrak's face just goes red when he heard my comment. I walk away in embarrassment to get to my kitchen to make some coffee.

"So Mirrak, do you have enough coffee in that Starbucks cup? I'm making some coffee anyways if you'd want more."

"Uh ya, more coffee will do thanks Y/n. Where is your kitchen? It's like a maze in here."

"One moment Mirrak... Ok, I'm coming to find you Mirrak. Wait, Mirrak what are you doing in my bedroom? No stop right there and don't touch that please."