Brave Balgruuf x Kerri

kerrispillman

Kerri Pov,

"Kerri you are to kill the dragon attacking the watchtower. Got it? Now get over there before it's too late," Balgruuf commanded.

I simply just smile before running out of the palace. My blonde hair bouncing on my back as the wind blew through it. The sun began to shine as made haste to the watchtower. All the townspeople were running into the closest building as I ran closer to the tower. I finally reach the tower and the guards were either cowering, dead, or trying to shoot at the air.

After the battle and after she gets to the entrance of the palace,

"Jarl, the dragon has been killed. Also, it turns out that I am the Dragonborn. Before you comment on it yes I know what the Dragonborn is." I remark while walking closer to the Jarl. 

"Hold there... You say you are the Dragonborn. The Greybeards must have been calling you. You must not make them wait. If you ride off now you may get to Iverstead by sunrise." The Jarl spoke before trying to usher me away.

"Wait... Jarl Balgruuf, I just killed a dragon. I am very tired, I need to rest. Can you spare a bed for me and I'll at sunrise? The sun is barely even setting and I need tons of supplies as well if I'm going to make this journey."

"Fine, you'll use the spare room in the private quarters. Supplies are down in the city. Be sure to leave by sunrise. Also while you're here I grant you the highest position. You are thane of Whiterun and I give you a housecarl named Lydia."

"Thank you, Jarl."

Later that night,

I'm walking to my temporary quarters until I hear Balgruuf's kids playing around with their pillows. I quietly walk into their room and join in the game by grabbing a pillow. One of the kids saw me and rushed over to me then proceeded to hit me with a pillow.  The other kids caught on and started to attack me as well. Each passing second we got louder from laughter and the kids seemed to be having a lot of fun. Their laughter filled the room and the entire castle. The Jarl even came in to check on his children.

Balgruuf seemed to have been amused by my actions. His eyes seemed to have glimmered when my eyes caught his. He started laughing as well and he then joined in the pillow fight. Feathers were flying everywhere all over the room and the servants were going to have one hell of a time at cleaning up the feathers and restuffing the pillows. None of our issues mattered at this time because we were so enveloped by the pure excitement by the fun.

"What is all this ruckus? Oh sorry my Jarl, I had no idea that you and your kids were making this noise. It must be a lot of fun to be bonding with your kids. *sniffles* I miss my kids." The guard sniffled before walking out of the hallway and back to his post.

"We sure are making a mess kids and Jarl. I should help clean up so the servants don't have to worry about cleaning up as much." I inquired once the pillow fight began to die down.

Balgruuf retaliated by throwing a pillow at my face and more feathers flew out and got caught in my blonde hair. He began to snicker before getting up and picking the feathers out of my hair. "You know Kerri? I think you should be welcome here anytime. The kids seem to enjoy your company so why not? But of course, after you see those Greybeards."

Ah, another chapter updated and it was long overdue to be written and published on here as well.