Stories that were once forgotten Cicero x Y/n

mizuki_sukigara

Y/n Pov,

The Sanctuary was once a very peaceful place to sleep and rest. If only our story didn't start off so harsh. Astrid dispised the Jester with a passion. Before Cicero came to the sanctuary, it was peaceful but the Brotherhood was down in the dumps. Cicero brought life to the home but Astrid hated him for it. Cicero was bringing back old traditions, few wanted it to happen while others didn't. I wanted the Brotherhood to thrive and earn their name again but when Astrid sent me to kill my Jester, I knew that she had other intentions for the brotherhood. The cold stare she gave me when she sent me to spy on Cicero and now she wants me to kill him. I was not gonna have it and I think she knew that I had a soft side for the damned Imperial.

The path to Dawnstar was going to be a long journey so Astrid said that I could borrow her horse Shadowmere. The poor horse was born into the Brotherhood and he had no way of resisting it. I felt pity for Shadowmere and I could see all the untold stories that were long since forgotten in the horse's gaze. He seemed to have almost pleaded that I take him away from the now corrupt Brotherhood that had fallen due to Astrid's leadership. 

As the journey began I began to think to myself. Could I really bring the guild back to its once former glory like the old days when the assassins and thieves thrived? Yes, and I knew I wasn't going to be the only one returning the guild back to its former glory. Cicero was going to right next to his Listener. The Keeper and the Listener, there were going to be songs and stories of the Dark Brotherhood when all the current members have died and generations take over.

Before I knew it, I was in Dawnstar in front of the old sanctuary with Abjorn heading back to the Falkreath Sanctuary. I recall what the password to the door was from Cicero's journals. It broke my heart when I was working against Cicero. When I entered the old once forgotten sanctuary I could hear Cicero's voice echo across the sanctuary. Each step I take, the harder it gets to kill my lover. Yes, he was a lunatic and very crazy but it was the untold stories that I loved about him. I could read all over his face on what he went through before he arrived in Falkereath. Before I helped him with his wagon wheel in front of that farm. I could tell he only wanted to please Sithis and find a new family to call home. I was a sucker for his story and on nights to where I couldn't sleep I'd sneak over to  Cicero's room and ask him to tell me his stories. Of course, they didn't make any sense but I still listened. I finally arrived in the room that Cicero was in. His body was weak and it pained me to see him in this state. He was in pain but he still held it together until he gave the choice to either go through with Astrid's orders or let him live and let Cicero live a long happy life. 

Of course, I let him live and I went back to the sanctuary and went on with my assassinations until the fire of the Falkreath sanctuary. I knew I was set up from the beginning but I went along with the trap that was spread out in front of me. The fire, it was blazing hot and I couldn't save everyone but I saved Nazir and I figured he saved Babett when I was trapped in the room where the Night Mother was placed. Her voice was almost maddening but it soothed me especially when she saved my life from that fire. Sleep was the first thing that I did when I was trapped in the coffin of the Night Mother. This gave me time to go through my stories that I had once forgotten. My childhood played out in my mind, then when I ran away from home and made a home in the Dark Brotherhood. I snap out of my sleep and I hear rocks being pushed off the coffin. I hear the Night Mother's voice again and she said that I must speak with Astrid for she is still alive.

I hurry and go to where Astrid is, I pause and I see Astrid laying on the ground charred by the fire. She set up a black sacrament for me to perform so I could continue the contract to kill the Emperor. I didn't hold back when I stabbed the blade of woe through her chest. I didn't even wait for her to finish her speech. 

I walk of the sanctuary with the knowledge of what I have to do but I don't go to Whiterun, for I set a journey to find Cicero and tell him how I truly feel. With my heart heavy with guilt, I continue on and play through the once forgotten memories of Cicero's life and even the Brotherhood's existence. Tears would run down my face as I continued my hunt for Cicero; I have had no luck with the search for Cicero so I start on my contract with the man that wants the Emperor dead.

I finally finished the contract with the man and I fulfill what the Emperor wished before I killed him. I killed the Emperor, the accomplice that helped Astrid betray the Brotherhood and then turn right around and stab us in the back. Last but not least I killed the man who started it all. Once I was finished with the contract, I head back to the Dawnstar Sanctuary where the Dark Brotherhood now resides. Nazir was all too happy to know how much the reward was with all the chaos of the contracts. I walk out of the sanctuary not expecting to Cicero again after so long. It brought a smile to face when I saw his crazy self.

"Ah, Listener you shouldn't have let me live-" 

I was beyond happy to see Cicero even though he was trying to jest with me. I couldn't hold back what I did next. I rush over to Cicero and I roughly kiss him to get him to be quiet. A very visible crimson blush spread all over his face. I couldn't help but smile at the now speechless jester.

I love how I wrote this chapter. I tried to let my fingers do the typing instead of my mind and it turned out pretty good.