Memories of an old love Vilkas x Fearful! Y/n

CaptinSailorBello

Y/n Pov,

7 years earlier,

In the middle of a field, there was a wolf pup laying about abandoned. No animal or wolf pack nearby so the pup was defenseless until I found her. She had emerald green eyes and a splayed paw that prevented her from walking. So I pick up the defenseless pup and walked to the closest city which happened to be Whiterun. I knew if people saw her, they would kill her in an instant so I hid her in my cloak until I walked into the Temple of Kynareth to hopefully heal her as best as they can. I walk into the temple and I reveal the pup to the priestess and she gets to work. The priestess puts a splint on the pup's front left paw to help it correct itself. 

"So what are you going to name this wolf pup. She won't be able to join her old pack anymore so you'll have to take care of her." The priestess says as she hands me the pup.

"Phantom because of her fur coloration. She also seems as if she'll be there one moment then not there the next." I said as I was walking out of the temple.

I begin to walk out of the city and I run into a tall Nordic man. Phantom falls out of my arms and begins to chew at the man's boot. He just grunts and he continues walking with Phantom following him. I see another man walk past me but he had a softer approach and he helps me up off the ground.

"I'm sorry about my brother there. He tends to not show how he feels much. I'm Farkas and the guy that your pup is chasing is Vilkas. I'll help catch her if you don't mind. Oh ya before I forget, you should join the Companions. Plus I bet your pup would enjoy it." Farkas says as he begins to chase my pup. 

I couldn't help but snicker as Farkas runs into a food stall as he was chasing Phantom. I begin to hurry my way to Phantom and she was picked up my no other than Naazeem himself. I can't stand that Redguards's guts. I see Naazeem hold Phantom in one of his hands holding her scruff. He had a look of disgust but it was stopped when Farkas takes Phantom from Naazeem's hold. 

"Control your damned mutt Farkas or else I'll have to report this to Balgruuf himself." The Redguards says as he turns away.

Farkas looks around for me and he was surprised to me right beside him holding my pup. "Well, I didn't notice you taking your pup back from me. I forgot to get your name miss..."

"Y/n and Phantom's the lil pup's name as well. Tell Vilkas that I appreciate his rude manner when we met. I might join someday but I have things to fix first." 

I begin to walk out of the city finally and I see my boyfriend leaning against Whiterun's walls. He had blood all over his clothes like he always does. As soon as he sees me he begins to walks over to me and plants a quick kiss on my lips. He looks down and sees Phantom and he has a disappointed look on his face. He pulls his hand back and slaps me on the side of the face like he normally does. Tears roll down my pain stung cheeks and Phantom begins to lick it. My boyfriend Alding smiles in his sick manner as usual and he grabs my arm and pulls it towards him.

"Love what have I told you about taking in helpless animals? I told you to not do that anymore. Now let her go or I'll kill her here and now." Alding says as he clutches his dagger.

"Fine, let me take her into the city. I'll be back in a moment."

"Hurry up damned wench and don't tell anyone what I do to you or I'll go into the city and hunt you down myself and then kill you." He then laughs as his sick humored joke.

I hurry back into the city and hurry to Jorravaskr to tell Vilkas what is happening. I burst open the doors and I see Vilkas sitting in a chair drinking a mug of mead. I hurry over to Vilkas and whisper into his ear.

"Vilkas... I need you to take care of my pup Phantom. My boyfriend Alding is forcing me to let her go. You're the only one I trust that will do what is right.' *doors bursts open* "That guy that just burst into Jorravaskr. Help me he is abusive. I need help!" 

In that instant, I'm being yanked away from Vilkas and struck down by another slap to the face. 

"You bitch! I took care of you and you repay me by selling me out? Ouch, that hurt a lot, you know what I must do now." Alding says as he shines his yellow teeth at me.

Vilkas gets up and grabs his sword and his eyes begin to turn a yellow color. 

"No one should ever touch a woman in that way ever! No man should treat his woman like that! You're not a man at all. You'll pay for all the ways you've touched this poor woman. She hasn't done anything except save herself from you." 

"Oh, and who are you? Her knight in shining armor? You'll regret saying that to me."

In that instant, all the Companions draw out their weapons and get in front of me to separate Alding from me. Alding just scoffs but it was stopped when Vilkas plunges his sword into Alding's abdomen. Blood comes from his mouth and I hurry out of the hall with Phantom in my arms and I run out of the city as fast as I can and into a cave that once contained bandits but it was wiped out. Tears roll down my cheeks as I am now haunted by what has just happened. Phantom peeps her little muzzle out from my cloak and licks my nose. Her emerald eyes were almost calming me itself. I begin to smile as I began to know that she was going to be there for me.

Present times (7 years later),

I saw Phantom taking her last dying breath as I was hanging over her trying to calm her down. Phantom was slowly beginning to wither away from life and go to Sovngarde. Tears were rolling down my face as she took her last dying breath. I begin to dig a hole to bury my wolf Phantom in the same place when I first found her. When I finally placed her in the ground I said one last thing to her before I walked away with tears in my eyes. My one and only pet that helped me get through all the trauma from the seven years she was alive. 

I walk around endlessly as all the memories of Alding and all the other abusive relationships that I was in before and after him. I've always had a fear of guy's intentions of me. I've had a record of meeting and getting together with guys that are abusive and forced themselves on me. I've feared to join the Companions because I had developed a small crush on Vilkas when I first met him but I'm too scared to admit it. Plus I don't even know if he remembers who I am or if he even has any feelings for me anyway. I realize that I was still walking while I was deep in thought and I was walking into the city of Whiterun and into Jorravaskr. I hadn't stepped one foot in that building since the day Alding was killed. I see Vilkas looking miserable as always with his expressionless face while he was reading.

"Hey uhh... are ya'll still accepting recruits? Because I'd love to join."

"Who do I look like? The leader... oh ah hey Y/n... Sorry, I didn't realize it was you. Hehe..." Vilkas says as he gets up and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Nah it's ok... It scared me a little but I'm ok Vilkas. I know you didn't mean it. I'm getting better little by little."

"So ah... How's Phantom? Farkas told me about her when y'all first met."

"Well... She kinda died from Rockjoint... It happened just this morning." 

Vilkas felt so bad when he heard Y/n's response to his question. He immediately got embarrassed. He immediately starts apologizing, I try to reassure him that it was ok.  

I have updated yet another chapter. I'm sorry that it might not have had enough fearful things.