The thieves have hearts too Brynjolf x Y/n

crystalriver88

Y/n Pov,

Today I am heading to Riften for the first time since I've been in Skyrim. I just got off the carriage and now I'm going to walk into the city and speak to the Jarl.

I stop at the gates because one of the guards was trying to make me pay the visitor's tax. "This is a scam so I'm doing no such thing now let me into the city," I assert. The guard seemed flustered by my outburst and he began to fumble with his keys. "Look let me do it for you, oaf." I snatch the keys from the guard's hand and I put the key in with no trouble. I walk into the city and I see a man leaning on a post and two people talking about the thieves guild. I walk past the people ignoring them trying to speak to me.

I enter the marketplace and I see a Dunmer, two Nords, and an Argonian. One of the Nords, a redhead, was walking towards me. I stop in my tracks and he walks closer to me. "Never earned an honest days work Lass?" "My wealth is none of your business." "Oh that's where you're wrong Lass, wealth is my business." "Oh, I see what you're trying to do here. You want me to join the Thieves Guild. Why didn't you just ask me? Also, check your coin purse on your belt." He looks down and I disappeared with his coin purse. "Alrighty then Lass, you're more than worthy. But I/m going to need that back." 

I was laying on the top of his stall with the coin bag hanging in my hand before I dropped it. I stand up when he checks the top of the stall and before I say goodbye. "Y/n, now until I see you again Mr..." "Brynjolf. Go down the sewers and... She's gone." Brynjolf walks to the hideout of the Thieves Guild hoping that he'll see me again in the future. I dart above the store roofs and I leap down in front of the Jarl's Court.

Two years later,

(Y/n has long since joined the guild and she's talking to Vex, Sapphire, and Tonilia).

"Oh my goodness did you see how Cicero looked before I dismissed him. Honestly, he's so cute!! I want to tell him but I don't want to ruin our friendship if it doesn't work out." I gushed as I was taking glances at Brynjolf using my code words to the girls.

"Honestly your friendship with Cicero wouldn't be affected much even if it doesn't work out. I would say you go for it." Vex smirked as she saw me staring and a faint blush.

"Omg Y/n, but did you see how Farkas looked at you when he was reporting to you to turn in a mission? Head over heels for you. I mean he has the brawns but he just doesn't have the brains. Honestly, it's still hot. He'd make such a good spouse." Tonilia chuckled as she nudged my shoulder.

Brynjolf looked jealous as he was ordering another round of mead and ale. I just smirked as I continued my conversation with Vex and Tonilia.

"Remember that mage Marcurio? He's the hottest, I absolutely love his sass and his knowledge. I wonder if someday he could educate me someday at my house. I'd be a night to remember." I purred as Vex and Tonilia both laughed to each other.

Brynjolf looked down because he was listening to our conversation for over an hour now. So Brynjolf got up and strutted over to me and pulled me up from my seat. He roughly pulled my face to his and he roughly kissed me. He filled the kiss with all his jealousy and he pulled away. "Stop talking, you're no longer single. You're now mine and no one else's." Brynjolf strong husky accent asserted as he was staring into my eyes.

Vex and Tonilia both high fived each other and then me when Brynjolf walked off and left me as a blushing mess. "I didn't think he would have gone that long at listening in at our conversation. I've gotta say Y/n, you have a keeper there and you're welcome for the help to get Brynjolf to confess. Now I have to deal with Delvin's constant flirting and ignore it as well."

I hope you enjoyed the chapter until I publish the next chapter.