Part 36

Yato held the letter in his hand. The feeling of the man's hand on his shoulder still lingered. The boy slowly opened the letter. His eyes scanning through it until he reached the end, out of pure shock he dropped the letter. 

It fell towards a small puddle, floating ominously above the water.

--------------------------------------
If you are reading this...it means you are almost powerful enough. When the day comes when you seek true power, which only few can achieve...seek me out. For now I'll leave you this

-M
-------------------

Next to the puddle, the item the letter was talking about was simply laying there. It was a small necklace with a blue gem. It glowed brightly as rain suddenly started out of nowhere. To think it was a clear day. 

The letter suddenly bursted into sparks, disappearing from Yato's view. The boy slowly reached out his hand, going to grab the necklace when a sudden beam of lightning connected to Yato. The necklace instantly flew right into Yato's hand, glowing brighter than ever.

"What the hell" Yato said as he slowly tied it around his neck. 

The gem glowed brighter than any flame before slowly dimming down. Suddenly Yato's arm was fully coated in lighting which was so thick that you could not even see his arm. 

Yato tried to shake his arm but it did not want to go away. "What happens when I touch something?" Yato asked, touching a nearby tree, suddenly the entire plant set on fire for a split second before becoming ash. 

Yato looked at the tree's ashes before deciding to rather take the necklace off for now. On the back of the necklace was something engraved. "This is only a taste of what I can teach you" Yato said reading it out loud. 

"Is this really father or is this someone trying to gain my eyes" 

--------------------------

Link to patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=30415068

Link to Discord
https://discord.gg/U2yVkYe

--------------------------