Part 99

"WE HAVE BEEN WALKING FOREVER!!!! When can we finally get a break?" Dai asked wiping some 'sweat' off his forehead. "Your one to complain, your riding on Yato's shoulder while I am the we have to walk. Not to mention Yato is wearing all those clothes to cover his identity." Karin said slapping Dai off Yato's shoulder. 

"Maybe walk a bit you lazy bum" 
"Hay who are you to talk to me like that?!" Dai shouted as he ran to catch up to the two. "She might be right you know, I've felt you've been gaining weight. Some light jogging will help" Yato added.

"ARE YOU ON HER SIDE AS WELL!?!" Dai continued running bus as soon as he got close, an accidental kick from Karin sent him back a few meters.

"Oops" 

Both Karin and Yato shared a look. Trying not to start laughing but their moment was quickly cut off as a kunai came out of nowhere. Yato quickly caught it, mere inches from Karin's face. "I see you're as fast as they say you are" A guy said from the dense forest their in. 

"And you somehow sneaked past my area sensing jutsu." Yato said glaring into the dense foliage. "I'm not here to fight just so you know. Just tried to get rid of the eye's" The man said slowly walking out onto the path. His red clouded cloak immediately made Yato alert. 

"Karin...go back and get Dai. If a fight happens, I don't want you to in it" Yato said twisting the kunai he caught and threw it at the tree behind the Akatsuki member. Karin was in shock, this is the closest she has gotten to death in the last few months with Yato. The two have grown so far as to first name bases and even she can see, Yato is serious. 

"Ok, be careful" She said before turning around and quickly running to Dai. "Now tell me, who are you?" 

"I'm surprised you can't sense his greatness on me yet" The Akatsuki member said bringing out a three bladed scythe from his coat. "My name is Hidan, loyal follower of the great Jashin" Hidan said with a smile crossing his face. 

"And why did you actually come here. Oh cut the crap of not looking for a fight, I can sense your malice from here." Yato said, his hand cautiously hovering over his blade. 

"Well I was suppose to give you a message but she never told me what to do after I told you" Hidan said before laughing and licking his weapon. 

"The bitch wanted me to tell you this. 'The time for our meeting is near but not now bla bla bla kick Raiu's ass out of the window bla bla bla something about an Uchiha pendant' and there we are done" Hidan said adding a mockingly feminine voice for the message. Before Hidan could speak another word, he was suddenly stabbed through the scull. 

Yato glared directly into Hidan's eyes. "Wow and I thought I was the one who would attack first" Hidan said shocking Yato that he wasn't dead. 

Hidan quickly swung his scythe at Yato but the blade got stuck as it penetrated the boy's side. "You said Jashin right...Dai made me meet some of the other gods...I kicked Jashin's ass two years ago" 

Hidan's eye's widen as a deafening scream came from him. The man quickly retracted his blade and forced Yato's blade out of his head. "I'm sorry my lord!! I promise I only wanted to sacrifice him to you!!" Hidan was shouting this to the sky as he seemingly held his head in pain. "It's over, tell me where an Akatsuki base is or else I'll kill you here on the spot" Yato said walking towards Hidan with his blade still dripping with the man's blood. 

"4-4-40 h-h-hour walk t-t-to the west" Hidan said before passing out on the ground. "Stupid Jashin followers." Yato said picking Hidan up by the collar and throwing him into the forest. 

"40 hours...this is the best lead I have so far"

---------

Link to Discord

https://discord.gg/U2yVkYe

--------------------------