Part 128

Cold winds howled through the forest.The dark moonlight gave the area an ominous feeling. Every so often you could hear grunts which echoed through the forest. Followed by the sound of metal slamming against wood.

"We are waisting time. I don't have much longer you know." Yato said throwing another kunai into a tree. "When a man has to go it means he HAS to go" Dai shouted from a bush.

"YOUR A TEDDY BEAR!"
"So what I still have a bladder!"
"....can you just cut it quick.Pain is literally right over there" Yato said looking over at a large looking mountain.
"How do you know? You only got a few hours left and we have been following that stick of yours for the majority of it"

Yato sighed and threw a rock to where Dai was, forcing the panda to fall directly into his mess. "This is not a normal stick it's a chakra rod which was inside a pain clone. He controls these clones like puppets so we just follow the chakra string back to its source"

"Yep no idea what you just said"
"Aren't you suppose to be the super smart beast?"
"Shut up. Let's just get going"

With a quick swipe, Yato grabbed Dai and the two were off at breakneck speeds through the forest.
——-
"Hmmm so both Sasori and Deidara have been taken out...alright send Hidalgo and Kakuzu to the leaf village." Pain said rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Will do but what will we do with that Uchiha boy?"
"Sasuke will join us so-"
"Not him, the one who took both Itachi and Hikio out?"
"He'll come eventually now send word to those two to get going"
With a quick nod the projection in front of pain disappeared leaving the man alone in the large cave.

Darkness covered the area with only the small oil lamp next to Pain providing some sort of sight. "I know you're there" Pain said loudly looking directly to the left of him.

"Thought so, stealth is really not my strong suit" Yato said slowly coming into the light. "Why have you come here? Do you wish to join us? To join the skate-" Pain was cut off as Yato instantly appeared in front of him, his blade threatening to slice his skin.

"You expected me" Yato said noticing he is surrounded by the other pain clones all waiting for Yato to make a move.

"Tell me boy why don't you join us, I think we can change this world forever you know" Pain said with a small smile while placing his finger on Yato's blade and pushing it down.

"You wish to rule the world with fear...that makes us alike but you will kill those who don't need to die...that's why we can't work together" Yato said as he disappeared from Pain's vision like a cloud of smoke. "Find him, it was only a clone!" He shouted as the other pathes of pain spread out.

"A world rule by hatred...hatred towards one person one where our race has to grow ever stronger...that is the world I want to create. No more killing between people, no more theft and a meaningful life. That is what I'm going to create. The gods of old will return....I was just the first" Yato's voice echoed through the cave, seemingly coming from all directions confusing pain even further.

"Lightning style: slash of gods" The boy announced as a bright blue wave crossed over the cave slicing anything in its path in half. The mountain trembled as its top was destroyed without warning.

"Lightning style: rebursting current" suddenly during the chaotic quacking, a bright lightning streak traveled between the Pain clones. The boy's eyes flowed brightly as it seemed he was using more and more power. He was constantly traveling between the clones slicing them ever more each time he passes.

"Followed by fire style: rising Phoenix" to Pain's surprise, Phoenix like brids began burning their way through each wound of the clones. There were nearly 30 flaming birds finally heading towards Pain himself.

"I'm impressed but you will have to do better than that if you wish to beat me" Pain said as a magnetic force pulled a boulder in front of him, blocking the barrage of birds.

Just as the flames disappeared, Yato flashed behind Pain, his pupils disappears into nothingness as his body moved seemingly on its own. Right then left. Hit for hit the two were in a clash of fists waiting for the other to just trip up...just for a second.

"Too slow" Pain said as another magnetic force pulled Yato's neck directly into his hand. If only you joined me bu-" Pain was cut off suddenly as he felt his bones starting to crack under pressure.

"Your punches have more weight behind them than I thought." Pain's grip tightened around Yato's throat causing the boy to cough up blood  onto Pain's hand.

The aura surrounding the boy disappeared and his sharingan infused eyes returned while his body slowly became limp. Unbeknownst to the boy, Pain slammed chakra rods into his body making him loose control slowly but surely.

"This is the end of your legacy Uchiha Yato."