Episode 68: Secrets of the Ruins

Eri called my aunt to let her and Raul know where Serein had gone

Eri called my aunt to let her and Raul know where Serein had gone. She sounded mortified by his actions. From what I could gather, she feared that he could become a delinquent. Eri just laughed, which made her mad. Ultimately, he had to hang up. He knew that there was no winning against an angry mom.

Thankfully, Bai didn't react as severely as Aunt Ocarina had when Iah told her about Azure.

Two hours, we arrived at some rocky foothills. There were also some hills covered in thick moss. They almost resembled pyramids.

"How unusual," Eri said as he got out of the car. He took out a flashlight and shone it at one of the hills.

"I'm sensing a hollow interior. You think that those are the ruins?" Iah asked as he got out.

"Most likely!" Eri sure sounded excited as he ran over to the hill. He put a hand over the moss and covered it in a thin layer of ice, causing it to yellow. He dusted away some of the dried moss, revealing a stone block underneath.

Suddenly, stones rose into the air and came together to form golems.

"Great, think that you just activated the first trap," Nyima said as she jumped out of the car. Water whips extended out of her fingers and struck the golems, sending them tumbling to the ground. "They're hardier than I thought. That should've sliced them."

"These aren't run of the mill earth golems," Iah said as he held his arms in front of him. "Whoever made them had to be quite the mage."

"Indeed, for their magic to linger after all these years... I look forward to seeing what kind of prana storage these have," Eri said, grinning. He held out his hand and blew the golems back with a pulse of water.

"Woah," Elliot said as he stared at the pile of stones where they had crashed.

Eri held out his hand and formed a water katana. "It's not over yet!" He dashed toward the rock mound just as it began to stir again.

"Should we go on ahead?" Hikaru asked as he got out.

The others and I got out too. Only the kids and Elliot stayed behind.

"Remove the moss. It might provide us with information on its creators and as to what lays within those ruins."

"Understood," I said.

"Oh, and be sure not to damage it."

"I can remove it," Adela said, holding out her hands. "Iah, Kun, try to take control of those golems."

"I'm trying that," Kun said. "But it isn't working!"

"Whatever is powering them must cancel out outside magic from seizing control," Iah said.

"It's fine. I can handle them," Eri said as he jumped out of the way of a giant stone fist. He brought his sword down on the fist, slicing it in half. Water split out from the sliced stone, tearing it further.