Episode 85: The Barragan Three

*Hal*

I gritted my teeth as I continued to fall. At this rate, I would splatter against the half empty lake's surface.

Lakes, was starting to think that they didn't get along with me.

Danmall and I had fought Team Wahkan near one at the games and that didn't go well for us.

My eyes widened as I noticed a dark aura wrap itself around Iah. It was like that of Abysmal Lei's. Even Hiearchian man stared at him uneasily.

No, did Iah get devoured by an abysmal too? Was that why he left the others?

I huffed. "Burst Mode!" I yelled, drawing the attention of the brute to me. Jets of acidic goo flew out of my hands, propelling me toward Iah. As I got closer, I suspended the goo in the air as to not burn Iah.

"Got you!" I said, catching him. "Wah!" The force of catching the falling Iah sent me propelling back down again.

"I'll be taking him," the man said, appearing several meters below us.

I grinned as his leather armor started to sizzle.

"What?" the man said, staring at his pauldron.

"You must've touched one of my goo droplets." Thanks to Burst Mode, I could keep track of every single one. Including those outside of my field of vision.

The man grumbled. "I knew I was right to aim for you first. That prince is a weakling."

My eyes glanced at Iah's left hand. The darkness that had surrounded his entire body concentrated into it, forming the shape of sword.

"Iah!" I said even as we continued to fall.

"That power is mine!" the man said, appearing behind us.

I gritted my teeth. That sword of darkness, it was akin to the power of the abysmals we had encountered over half a year ago.

"I won't let you, nor the abysmal within him, take him," I said, swinging my left hand. The tiny acid droplets suspended in the air bombarded the melt, burning his skin. Much to my surprise, it didn't dissolve like the armor. The man had to have actual ogre genes.

My eyes shifted back to the ground. Our descent had slowed, but we would still crash in a minute.

"Be gone!" the man yelled, swinging his axe at us. Hopefully it wasn't made out of orichalcum. My acid was useless against it. If only I didn't have to worry about hitting the ground, I would've been able to handle this guy better.

I braced myself as a twister formed from the spin of the axe, sending us spiraling in I don't know which direction. Much to my surprise, the twister subsided.

The sword of darkness had blocked it, sending it flying back toward its owner. The ogre grunted as he grasped his weapon.

"He awakened."

I gulped. "Iah."

He turned to look at me. His once golden eyes were now orange. Parts of his hair had also become orange.

Iah gave me a slight smile before wincing. He flew us down to the exposed lake bed as fast as he could. "R-relax. I'm still in control. The seal seems to be doing its job. But some of his power managed to leak out of it."

"Can you continue fighting?" I asked and I let go of him.

He closed his eyes. "I-I'm not sure and at the moment, I rather not try."

"I see." I grabbed his arm and pinched him.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I'm ejecting a poison into your body that acts as a sedative when used in small amounts."