Episode 93: Family Concerns

Nyima stopped outside of the door leading to the dojo where Sarah had been training

Nyima stopped outside of the door leading to the dojo where Sarah had been training. Kun appeared to be discussing something with Sarah. Based on what he had said, it sounded like Sarah wanted to go home to aid in the war.

"So, we're starting to lose the war," Huang said, lowering his head. He turned around.

"Where are you going, Father?" Vermillion asked.

"I'm going to go back up our men and women. Take care of your brothers and sister."

"You're not eating?" Azure asked.

Huang continued to walk away. "No. I'm not very big on take out to begin with. Feel free to split it up among yourselves."

The little kid lowered his head.

"Wait, I'll go with you," Elliot said.

"Huh?" I said.

"Same here," Xun said.

"What?" I snapped. "Don't you two realize how dangerous they are?"

My oldest brother turned to look at me and patted my head. "Yeah, we do, but we have to do this."

I averted my gaze. What was to come out of my mouth sounded selfish, but I couldn't hold it back. I didn't want to lose them. "I don't see why it has to be you. There are others who can do it."

"True, but as princes of Xian, it's our duty to defend it."

My eyes widened as I looked up at Xun's eyes. "Xian?"

He nodded. "Should the Hierarchy maintain control of Sera, we're have a great threat on our border. Even if they don't attack once consolidating power there, they will eventually. As I'm sure they won't forget Mina trying to get in their way. Being between the two puts us in greater harm. Plus, the forces are being pushed toward our border."

I put my head against his chest. He had a point, but he was only a prince. "Shouldn't it be me?"

"Huh?" Elliot said.

"I'm the High Priestess. It's my duty to defend Xian, not that of the princes!"

Xun stepped away from me and sighed. "It's because you're the High Priestess that we can't let you fight."

"Are you certain you two wish to come with me?" Huang asked. "I'm sure that your aunt Grace made countermeasures in advance."

"Right," I said, spreading out my arms. "Our aunt will make sure our home is safe."

Xun turned his back to me. "Then we'll go and assist her with said counterplans."

I lowered my head. Why wouldn't anyone listen to me? They all went ahead and did whatever they wanted. First Iah and now Xun.

"There, there, Ade. Don't cry," Elliot said.

I touched my face and realized I was indeed crying.