Episode 47: Growth

I glanced at Nyima as we made our way toward the ruins

"You didn't have to accompany me," I said with downcast-eyes.

"I already told you why. I can't leave you alone when you're not feeling well," Nyima responded, giving me a stern look.

I turned away. Usually, I would've been happy with Nyima taking the time to escort me someplace. But not in this situation. I'd lied so I could sneak off to do more training on my own. It was alright and all to help the other find familiars, but first I needed to help myself. I didn't want to see myself get left behind in the dust by Wanikiya and the others.

"You aren't really sick, are you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

I gulped. "What? No, I feel really ill. I think that you'll need to bring me some chicken soup and nurse me back to health."

Her chocolate brown cheeks reddened. "I'm not going to play nurse with you! I'm only escorting you back, alright?"

I snickered. "Actually, I'm feeling better already."

She smiled slightly. "That's good." She held out her hand and summoned Orcy.

"Oh, hey Orcy," I said, reaching my hand out to pat her.

"Hey, Iah," Orcy said, smiling at me.

"Say, Iah. Are you really sick?" Nyima asked again as she snuggled her familiar.

Why is she asking me again? I glanced at the orca I was petting. Wait, is she trying to get Orcy to read my thoughts?

I smirked as I glanced up at Nyima.

Man, Nyima sure does look pretty today.

"Well, answer," Nyima said.

I flinched. Don't think about that, Iah. You can't... Ugh. I turned around and ran off.

"Hey, come back!" she yelled, chasing after me.

I can't let her find out that I lied.

"You aren't getting away from me!" Nyima yelled. "Aqua Draco!"

A giant water dragon appeared in front of her and dashed over to me.

I spun around and slammed my hands against the ground, forming an earth barrier. Though, the force of the water dragon striking against it sent it (and me) back a few inches.

"Incredible, it didn't shatter," Nyima said as she appeared behind me. She was no longer holding on to Orcy. Instead, the orca flew overhead on a bubble of water.

I turned around and blocked a kick with my left arm.

"Hey, should you really be fighting against a sick person?"

"You aren't sick," she said, slamming her right leg against my chest. I held my hands back and caught myself on my earth wall.

I smirked as I shattered my earth wall into seven pieces and sent them flying at her.