Episode 66:Talk

*Nyima*

How is Adela doing? Had she managed to talk to Iah already?

"Are you worried about my nephew?" Bai asked as she escorted me to my guest room.

"No," I said, turning my head away.

"Really? You have been rather pensive as if something's hanging on your mind."

"I'm just tired is all."

"Alright. Sorry for prying. However, I really do think that you should go talk to him once things calm down. I managed to convince my husband to do so. That guy would probably make Iah feel worse."

"Really?"

"Yes. It's partially his fault that Iah thinks losing his powers means it's the end of the world. Huang instilled in him that a king must be a powerful mage if he wishes to protect his kingdom. At face value it doesn't seem bad, but pushing that kind of weight on a stressed child is detrimental. Not to mention, he also told Iah to avoid losing. As such, he developed a deep hatred of it."

"Really? He didn't seem all that upset when he lost to Arima or Adela," I said, remembering the first year final and the latter's practice match with him. "Well, maybe a bit sad."

"The crown prince might smile after a lose, but deep down he's beating himself."

I furrowed my brow. So, he was similar to Lei. Not that I could blame them, I hated losing too. There probably was no one who loved losing outside of situations in which if the price of victory was worse.

"Well, we're here," Bai said as she stopped by a room and opened it. "Feel free to sleep or shower. I'll have a servant wake you once dinner is ready."

I smiled. "Thanks."

Bai smiled back and left me alone in the large room.

I closed the door and made my way to the bed. Normally, I would take a shower, but I didn't think even that would wash away the strange sensation I had.

I stared at the navy blue carpet and took in a deep breath.

Hopefully, Adela had managed to talk to Iah. Though considering how he had reacted back there, there was a high chance of him either ignoring or telling her to leave him alone.

Perhaps my words were a little too harsh, but they were the truth. He was behaving like a child. I could've treated him like a child, but I didn't wish to do that. It wouldn't have helped him at all.

I gasped as there was knocking at the door. Who could it have been?

I rose from the bed and rushed over to the door. When I opened it, I was met with a smile.

"Hey!" Iah said, waving.

"Iah?" I said, stepping back. I glanced to his right and saw Adela and Lei.

So, she managed to snap him out of it. Wonder what she told him...

"Yeah, the one and only!" Iah said.

"You sound like Kun," I said, leering at him. Was it a male earth mage thing?

"He does!" Lei said, laughing.

He laughed. "Guess that I sort of do. Anyway, let's go. We're going to go check out the ruins."

"The ruins?"

"Yeah, the ones that I wanted to check out."

"I'll be driving again!" Lei said, waving a set of car keys.