Episode 115: Battle in the Royal Garden

*Elliot*

After my brother had tied up Ethan, Iah went ahead and gave the guy a good whack behind the neck. It wasn't easy given how thick his skin was. The Minese prince had compared it to pig hide. Though, unless it was as tough as Plum's skin, I doubted it. Now that piggy had tough skin. Had tested out one of my punches on her and it did nothing. Though, I was a kid, but even in those years I could shatter hills if I wanted to.

Xun and Hal in the end had to do a unity spell to knock him and the other two out. Probably wouldn't have worked if they weren't already weakened as Ethan stayed awake for a good amount of time. It was hard to tell if he had even fallen asleep at first as he slept standing up. It was rather creepy...

After that, Iah, Isa, Ryan, and Hal ran upstairs while the rest of us went outside. My brother had only let them go if they agreed to stick to acting as support, not combatants.

The twins had gone ahead of us too while my brother tied up the Hierarchians. If it were up to me, I would've preferred them dead. They hurt my friends, so they deserved it. Alas, Hal said that he could extract valuable information from them later.

Xulan and Keith had decided to stay back as our watchdogs, uh wolves. Though, Keith probably volunteered so that he could test out his claws on Ethan's thick hide. Doubted that Xulan would let him, though. Darin who had also stayed behind would've stopped him too. Though, I wondered why he did. The werewolves seemed tired, but Darin didn't.

I glanced up at the building as we arrived in the garden. A mass of steam covered the sky, blocking out the sun in a thick mist.

"What's that?" Olivia asked, gasping.

"I don't like the sight of it," Jason said.

"Maybe we should've stayed with Xulan and Keith, back them up," Olivia said, shaking.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "You should've stayed back in the cavern if you were going to be like this."

"Go easy on her, we almost died earlier," Jason said, glaring at her.

Olivia sighed and lowered her head. "Hate to say it, but she's right." She raised her head and shot herself up into the air as a dragon of shadows formed beneath her feet.

I chuckled. "While rude, seems you lit a fire under her," I said, grinning at Thalia.

She smiled slightly and copied Olivia, following after her.

Jason sighed. "At least that worked, but can't she encourage people like Isabel does? You, know, like a normal person."

Alex laughed. "Sy can be the same way. He did that a lot to our older brother, Dan, when he was around." He lowered his head. "Like when we went to the hot springs for his birthday. Sy said that he would go with us but bathe far away as to not be seen with him."

Right, he had told me and Oli that story before.

"Huh, can't imagine having a tsundere brother," Jason said.

"Hey, I think that you should stay back with the wolf boys. Look at all that steam, you'll pass out like you did back then as soon as you get near it," I said, turning to look at my best bud.

Alex took a deep breath. "I can at least back you up with my arrows. My angel tool's special ability will let me see through that thick fog."

He grabbed his necklace and transformed it into a spear with a copper colored sword-like blade. It was reminscent to some of the spears we had in Xian such as the pudao.

"Here I thought it would be a bow and arrow with that special ability it has," my big brother said.

"Its ability came in handy when fighting in the misty and snow tossed north for my ancestors during Kuroriku's Warring States Period. The enemy never expected a non-Kuroriku to fight that good given the conditions."