Episode 72: Family Secret

*Yuzuki*

[A few moments earlier]

I warped Hikaru and me next to the van. Eri was still slicing through the giant golem. The thing had been reduced into pebbles, but they continued to clump back together. Though it didn't look like my big brother was breaking a sweat.

I glanced at the unconscious Hika and sighed as I laid him down on the back of the car. Kun and Adela's words rang in my head. My brother was the reincarnation of one of the Rulers of Abyss? Were the rumors about my mom's clan true? Did we actually hail from The Abyss?

"Uncle fine?" Serein asked, worried.

I smiled at him. "He'll be fine. Take good care of him, okay? I'm going to go make sure that Lei and others are fine."

"Hope that Iah is," Azure said, frowning.

Elliot ruffled the kid's hair. "I'm sure that he is, sport! Iah's strong! I'm sure that some stupid golems won't stop him."

The little prince lowered his head. "That's not what I'm worried about."

He blinked. "It's not?"

"Yuzu? Why have you returned?" Eri asked as he looked over at us. His eyes widened as soon as he saw our unconscious brother. "Hika! What happened to him?"

"Look out!" I yelled.

Eri returned his eyes to the golem as its fist closed it. He formed a water barrier that eroded a hole into the stone, making up the giant's hand. "I'm tired of you," he said, glaring at the thing. "Begone!"

A giant blade of water tore through the golem and the ground, creating a large fissure on the floor.

Elliot whistled. "How much power is that brother of yours packing?"

I didn't even know the answer to that question. Brother did learn magic at an elite high school, the top magic academy in all of Xeleria. I'd contemplated following in his footsteps, but I preferred a place a bit closer to home. Even though said place and home were divided by a sea.

"Super strong Daddy!" Serein said, grinning.

Azure smiled. "Not as strong as mine."

Serein frowned. "Really?"

"I think that did it," Eri said, swinging his sword as he walked over to us. The thing dissolved into a bunch of water droplets before vanishing altogether. "Now, explain what happened to Hikaru."

"I'm not entirely sure," I said. "Hikaru was giving Adela his energy at one moment. There was a surge of power coming from the center of the ruins around the same time. It caused Hika to react strangely."

My older brother raised his eyebrow. "Strange in what way?"

I got out of the car and closed the door behind me, not wanting the kinds nor Elliot to hear. "Shadows were coming out of his body."

Eri's mouth dropped like mine had inside of the pyramid. "I see." He ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"Brother, is the rumor true? About what we are?" I didn't want to say abysmal with Elliot around. Sure, his sister had an idea, but there was no telling how he would react if he knew.

He averted his gaze. "Yes. It is. I managed to confirm it during the last war against those creatures."

I gulped. "I see."

"Wait a minute, you're saying that you're abysmals?" Elliot asked. He had his head pressed against the door.

Guess that the guy wasn't as dumb as we thought.