Episode 18: Teaching the Student

*Lei*

"This place looks nice," Mom said as she glanced around the homely looking inn. It might've been simple, but something about its plainness was alluring.

"This place is remarkably Kyuu Seishinian," my aunt said as she looked around.

Mithril laughed. "Well, my mom was very into their culture. I think that rubbed off Ori, causing her to wish to attend school there," he said as he changed into a pair of slippers.

"Mom was rather odd, liking Kyuu Seishinian stuff at a time when sentiment in this country was very anti-Kyuu Seishin," Orichalcum said as she returned. She'd changed into a silver robe with a tiger design.

"Most Kyuu Seishinians are nice people," Iah said as he stared at a pair of slippers by the doorway. "Though, there are those like Kyuubi and his eight co-conspirators."

"But, even among them, some were nice but misguided, such as Yuuto, Ren, and Mayu," Nyima said. She turned away. "Wonder what became of them... especially the boys. At least with Mayu, we saw her at the games, but the guys vanished after the battle against the abysmals."

"I'm sure they're fine," I said as I removed my shoes and slid them into a pair of slippers.

"Hopefully, they're still serving their time," Iah said as he turned away.

Was he mad? Not that I could blame him. While Yuuto was covering up for Yuuta's crimes, Ren made us think he was our friend only to backstab us, especially Adela.

Not that I trusted Ren myself. I figured something was off about him rather early on, while Iah distrusted Yuuto.

"Are you still jealous?" Nyima asked.

"Nope," Iah and I responded.

"Hmm?" Mom asked.

"I mean, why would I be jealous of someone like Ren?" I asked.

"Likewise, for Yuuto!" Iah said as he continued to avert his gaze.

Nyima sighed. "Well, let's not restart this old battle." She turned to look at Mithril. "Please, show us the way."

He nodded. "Follow me."

"Hey, can we change into robes our own?" Raul asked, eyes wide.

Ocarina smiled. "Sure, though, we didn't bring any."

"We got some for sale. A great deal of them are animal-inspired. I can show you the options available we have if you would like," Orichalcum said, pointing to a nearby corridor.

Ocarina sighed in relief. "I would love to."

"Mom, get me one with orcas if there's any! Or one with wolves!" Raul yelled as he jumped up and down.

"I hope they do have ones with Orcas," Nyima said. "I want one like that too, or one with bunnies. Uhh, but I'll pick it out myself later."

"Bunnies, huh?" Eri said, rubbing his chin.

Nyima's face flushed.

Ocarina chuckled. "No worries. I don't mind. I just need your sizes, and I'll see one that you might like."

"What would you two like?" Mom asked, looking at Shandian and me.

"I want one with lions or bears, if there's any," I said, grinning.

"I'll like one like Lei's too! But blue!" my little brother said.

"And you, Serein?" aunty asked as she turned over to look at my youngest cousin.