Episode 22: Water Fight!

*Nyima*

Laughter and screams echoed from the boy's side of the hot spring.

"What are they up to?" Orichalcum asked.

"They sound like children," Ocarina said, staring at the rock wall dividing us from the boys with a deadpan face.

I nodded.

Harmonica laughed. "Well, three of them are."

True, but that excuse didn't hold up for the others.

Ocarina's eyes grew larger. "Hey, Eri! If either my sons or nephew gets scratched, then I'll give you and the other guys a beating! You hear me?"

"Sis, don't you think that's too harsh?" Harmonica asked.

"No, they deserve it!"

Suddenly, the laughter and yelling stopped.

Ocarina sighed. "Much better."

My eyes widened as soon as I glanced up. A water ball raced over toward us.

Ocarina dodged it. She smiled. "Oh, I see. So you've decided to turn your magic on us. Fine! Ny, Ori, Sis, you better move back. I'm about to annihilate these boys!"

"Wait, what about the kids?" Harmonica said, furrowing her brow at her younger sister.

Ocarina lowered her hands. "Oh, yeah."

"Where's the attack? Didn't you say that you were going to destroy us!" Eri yelled.

His wife grumbled. "I will, once I know that the kids are safe!"

"Ahh, but I want to play too!" Raul yelled.

"Fine, at least take out your cousin and brother!"

"How about we have a one on one instead?" Eri yelled.

"Deal!" Ocarina yelled back.

Harmonica sighed. "Why are you so competitive?"

"I hate losing!"

I laughed. "That's good reason enough."

Orichalcum nodded.

Lei's mom closed her eyes. "Is it?"

I glanced at the wall and then back at our section of the hot spring. "Wait, how are you going to fight? There are only two pools," I said.

Ocarina swam over to the far right corner of the hot spring. "Iah is an earth mage, he can move the wall, dividing it up into three."

"True, wait a moment, who decided to make the wall out of stone?" I asked. "Shouldn't it have been made out of orichalcum or something more challenging to shift around?"

"Well, earth mages are rare in this country," Harmonica said as the wall start to shift. "Only one is born every generation in this country."

"Yes, but for the purposes of this challenge, it's a blessing to have the one from the latest generation. Else, I would've needed to go wake up Kun," Ocarina said.

"I would've been more against your childish challenge if that were the case," Harmonica said, giving her sister a deadpan look.

Ocarina turned her back to her sister. "It's not childish!"

Ahh, so that's where Raul gets it from...

I glanced at Harmonica. Though, Shandian's mom isn't much like him nor the triplets other than giving off this vibe that they can see through you.