Episode 57: Nostalgia

When I woke up from my nap, I saw that it was already past high noon

"Slept well?" Yuzuki asked, smiling at me.

I scratched the side of my warm face. "W-were you here all this time?" I asked.

She nodded as she put down the book she was reading on her lap. "Yeah, in case anything came up."

I smiled. "I appreciate it, but you don't need to watch over me while I'm asleep."

She furrowed her brow. "You know that your breathing still sometimes becomes erratic while sleeping, right?"

I lowered my eyes. "Yeah. Yen usually wakes me up when that happens." I stared at the restaurant the car was parked in front of. When I was a kid, my parents and siblings feared that I wouldn't wake up one day.

"See, someone has to watch over you. Plus, there's H.E.H. to worry about. If they appear to take you, I can warp you out of harm's way."

I laughed. "Too bad that you can't teleport us all to the capital."

"I wish I could, but our group is rather large. Even with a small number of people, the capital is still too far for me to teleport to."

I sighed. "I thought so..." I was delaying Iah's return home...

Yuzuki held my hand and smiled. "Don't worry, we'll get there soon. Plus, Iah doesn't seem to be taking it the bad way. Actually, it seems as if he's trying to get in some last-minute training should we end up fighting H.E.H."

I glanced outside of the car window and saw Iah walking toward us. His face was covered in sweat. Did he do some regular training after finishing helping out the villagers? Or was the work here enough to make him break a sweat?

My teammate smiled as soon as he noticed I was awake. He rushed over to us.

"I'm awake now," I said, pulling down the window. I smiled. "We can leave whenever you want to."

"Great! Let me just go get myself cleaned up first, and we can head out."

"Say, where are the others?" I asked, glancing at the restaurant. I only saw that adults chatting away.

"Nyima went to train Raul some more for his match against my cousin Hei."

"Oh, I should go and help out, too," I said.

Yuzuki furrowed her brow at me. "Lei, you should rest a bit more. You used up all of your available prana."

"It's fine! I'll just go get some batteries to recharge my prana!"

"Oh, yeah. I forget that you lightning mages can literally run on batteries if you wanted to," Iah said, snickering.

"Hmm, I doubt that any regular battery has the kind of energy he has," Yuzuki said, giggling.