Special #5- A Special day for Papa!

*Yen*

[Three month Ago]

I stared up at the black tower where Wanikiya lived. How had the ancient people who made it managed to carve out a stone that huge? Even with magic, it would've been difficult.

"You sure you wanted to accompany me today?" Dad said as he stood still, watching for any incoming cars. Daddy worked as a security guard at Wani's place.

I smiled. "Yeah."

He furrowed his brow. "Are you just saying that because it's father's day? If so, I would've been fine. I know that this job can get pretty boring."

I stared out at the empty road. "I can see that. Though, I wanted to give you company." I lowered my head. "You're usually working long hours, so I wanted to spend time with you on this day, even if it was just standing here."

I felt a large hand on my head. "You're very sweet, Yen." I looked up and saw he was smiling at me. "Maybe next year I can get some time off so we can go do something more fun with your brothers and mom."

I grinned. "I would like that very much."

Daddy ruffled my hair. He gasped and dashed in front of me. In the blink of an eye, he had a figure in a red and black robe on the floor. The sound of a knife falling in the distance echoed.

"Who are you?" he asked, pulling the guy's arms while pressing against his back. "Answer now!"

The man snickered as he opened his clenched palm. Black smoke flew out his hand.

"Dad!" I yelled, blowing away the smoke with my wind.

The man gritted his teeth. "The intel didn't mention a wind user."

"What intel? Who sent you here?"

The man smiled. "I can't say. Speaking is worse than death." 

"What?" I asked, stepping forward.

The man closed his eyes and opened his mouth.

"Stay back, Yen!" Daddy yelled as he electrocuted the man with enough of a jolt to render him immovable.

The man tried to bite down on his tongue, but his jaw wouldn't budge at all.

"You think you can get out easily, huh?" Dad pulled him up. "Yen. I'm going to go turn him in. Stay here and make sure you keep your guard up. We aren't sure if someone else could attack."

I nodded. "You got it!" I said, saluting him.

***

I sighed and leaned against the stone archway of the gate. Dad was taking his time. Had something happened? Just who was that guy and what did he want?

The gate suddenly creaked open. It was Dad.

"Did I keep you waiting," Dad asked as the gate started to close behind him.

"Only a little," I said, smiling. "So, did you get any info from that guy?"

He averted his gaze. "Not much. He kept trying to end his life. He seemed scared of something. We even said that we would keep his safe from whoever sent him here, but he wouldn't listen. Whoever sent him has to be powerful and insanely cruel to inspire such fear."

"That guy was pretty weak, so probably not too strong."

He laughed. "Hey, I was the one who took him down. I'm above average when it comes to strength." He sighed. "That said, I have a feeling that whoever sent his is connected to those occupying Sera." 

He brought out a small shield with the emblem of a double-helix surrounded by a serpent eating its own tail. The flag of the Higher Evolutionary Hierarchy's had the same exact imagery.

"W-why would they attack this place?"

"I get the feeling that they seek to destabilize the region further. Occupying Sera isn't enough for them. Surely, their plan must be to drill holes into the stability of the universal government."

"You mean... they wish to overthrow it and build their own?"

He nodded. "Yes. H.E.H. has long hated your mother's home country and its people. The universal government, having been built by the Rios has to be their biggest target." He took a step forward. "Though, they might've also attacked this place as they know Wahkan's government is defending Lei. They must think that if they can force it into a tough situation, they can get us to give him up."

"T-that won't happen!"

He held up a hand and curled it into a fist. "Of course it won't. Even if this country and beyond is plunged into chaos, I will do everything in my power to keep your brother and the rest of you safe."

I held up my arms. "Dad?"

"Yeah?" he asked, turning around.

"Can you train me? I want to be able to defend Lei and the others too."

He smiled. "I'll be happy to, but this place really isn't a great place to spar." He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. "If we do, I'm sure I would be fired for going overboard."

I stared at the gate. "It doesn't look that fragile."

He patted my back. "Hey, it hurts how much you underestimate me."

I rubbed my chin. "I know you're strong, but that strength isn't easy to gauge either."

"Let's just say that I hope the day I have to use all of it doesn't come. Now, come on. I'm going to give you some tips."

"Tips?"

He crossed his arms. "Yeah. I might not be able to spar with you here, but I can still give you some pointers to polish your magic."

I smiled. "Alright!"

He laughed. "Just don't tell your brothers, or else they will get jealous."

I swung my arms behind my back. "Meh, I think they already know that I'm your favorite!" I said, grinning.

He rubbed his neck. "Oh? Who said you're my favorite?"

I pouted. "I'm not?"

He laughed. "I won't say!"

I grumbled. "How rude!"

He ruffled my hair. "Still, regardless if you're my favorite or not, I love you."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. "I do too, Daddy! Now, let's start training! I want to surpass you one day!"

"Oh? That won't be so easy!" he said as I let go of him. "But if you're up for it, then by all means, go ahead and try."

I put my hands on my hips. "You'll see!"

He ruffled my hair again and laughed. "Then let's begin, hmm?"

**Solar Note: Happy Father's Day everyone ^_^! Hope that you enjoyed this short special :)**