Episode 17: 'Pep Talk'

*Nyima*

After we finished eating, we got back into our respective original vehicles and drove toward Mithril and Orichalcum's home. Along the way, we stopped by the mine to give the miners some food. Ai and the others were working well into the night, aided by the lights that Feng had helped restore before we had departed.

It was inspirational to see such hardworking people keep at it, though concerning at the same time. Rest was a vital part of life in addition to work, after all. Thankfully, the food we brought them gave them a chance to rest and relax, even if it was just for a little bit.

Once we were done serving them, we continued the rest of the trip to the hot springs.

Iah smiled as he stared at me. He was leaning his right arm against the car window.

"W-what?" I asked, feeling self-conscious.

"I'm sure that you'll enjoy the hot springs. They some of the best in the region," Iah said as he turned to look outside at the dense mixed forest surrounding the road. Most of the trees were pines and maples.

Was it that obvious that I couldn't wait to get there and dip into one?

"I see. That's good to know." I leered at him. "By the way, don't even think of peeping."

He snickered. "I might be a flirt, but I'm not a pervert. If anything, I should be telling you that. I still haven't forgotten how you walked in on me after I had showered. It was fortunate that I had a towel on, well for me that is."

My face felt so warm, that it was as if I had a fever.

"T-that was an accident," I whispered. I would've yelled, if it weren't for the kids sleeping.

Ocarina laughed uneasily. "That sure brings back memories."

Harmonica raised an eyebrow at her sister.

"It was Eri, not me," she muttered, her face nearly as red as mine.

The purple-haired woman pressed her fist lightly against her chin. "I feel as if there's something that you aren't telling me."

Ocarina sighed. "Look at me like that, sis! Do you take me to be a pervert?"

"Who's a purrbert?" Serein asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry, Sei. I didn't mean to wake you up," his mom said.

He glanced outside at the forest and jumped. "Scawedy."

"It's 'scary', not 'scawedy'," Shandian said as he rubbed his own sleepy eyes.

He didn't hear his first mistake? Or maybe, he's just trying to avoid the topic.

"Seems me still need to work on it," Serein said, looking down at his dolphin plushie. He had taken it out before falling asleep.

"Don't worry, you'll get it soon," Harmonica said, turning to look at her nephew.

Shandian nodded. "Mama's right. You just need to continue giving it your best."

Serein hugged his dolphin and smiled. "Me will try!"

"That's the spirit, sport!" Ocarina said, smiling as she continued to maintain an eye on the road.

"I could give you some speech lessons," I said.

"Weren't you going to coach his older brother in preparation for his battle with my cousin?" Iah said.

"Right, but I could take some time."

"Thanks, but no need. I will give Serein lessons myself," Ocarina said.

Iah smiled at Serein. "Lucky you, kid. It seems a lot of people want to help you out."