Episode 124: Fears

[The Next Day]

[The Next Day]

Zel, Nahi, and I went to pier first thing in the morning. We had arranged to set sail today for Mina. I could've come later, but I didn't want to wake my little brother up. It was hard saying goodbye whenever I saw him ball his eyes out. If only I had spent more time with him during vacation. I still sucked as a big brother... If only we were closer in age, then we could've spent more time together. I envied the triplets' closeness.

Hopefully, Kun would be on time today. Those triplets could be fashionably late, especially Kun and Lei.

"Hey!" Kun yelled, waving at us. Lei and Yen accompanied him too, likely to see us off as I was sure that Lei said that he, Yen, and Hika were helping with the exam. Plus, they were with Shan, Serein, Hota, and Ayawamat's siblings. Though, they weren't the only ones. Besides Nyima, there were Tahoma and Ayawamat.

"What's he doing here?" I asked, pointing at Ayawamat.

Nyima glanced at Kun. "Didn't you tell Wanikiya?"

Kun laughed weakly. "I forgot."

I gasped. "Wait, the two extra tickets that you asked me to get were for these two?"

"Man, seems that we aren't very popular, huh, Aya?" Tahoma said, tilting his head.

I didn't mind him. It was his jerk cousin who I dreaded being on a boat with again.

"Of course not, but since when as that bothered me?" he asked, adjusting his bag before walking toward me.

I took a step back and gritted my teeth.

He sighed. "Now, that's the reaction that I expect from those that I bullied," he whispered.

W-what did he mean by that? I gasped and glanced at Lei. He came with Ayawamat, yet, he didn't seem bothered by it.

"Don't let him bother you, Wani," Lei said, running over to me. "He's not too bad, once you get to know him."

I looked away. "How can you say that? Don't you remember the times that he nearly killed you? That guy took away your inhaler when we were kids! He's a monster!"

"My brother's no monster!" Ayawamat's sister yelled.

I frowned. She had no idea what kind of person he was, not at her age.

Zelde sighed. "Don't start arguing with a little girl now, Wani."

I lowered my head. She was right. I was the 'big kid', so I had to be mature about this. Ugh, I hated how whenever I saw that guy, I regressed back into a child.

"My big brother's not a monster," Aya's little sister repeated in a weaker voice, lowering her head.

Serein patted her back. The two of them reminded me a little of Lei and me. Sometimes, it would be Lei consoling me, other times it would be me cheering him up.