Episode 87: Bonds Beyond Space

*An*

I staggered as I tried to walk to the end of a hall. On each side of me were metal poles I used as support. My legs were still somewhat stiff. I could use my powers to move with more ease, but even that was a temporary solution. Using them for too long drained me and resulted in severe headaches.

Would I ever get back to how I used to be? I should've stopped when I had the chance, but at the same time, I doubt Aida would've shown me any mercy. If only I could recall pummeling her. Those memories were fuzzy at best.

"An, you should rest. You've been at this for hours now," Yanyu said. "You're going to hurt yourself rather than heal."

My hands quivered as I struggled to keep myself from falling off. I'd fallen many times already. I didn't want to do so again.

Yanyu sighed and walked over to me. She wrapped her arms around me.

"You can let go now."

My fingers uncurled from the poles slowly. They had become almost as stiff as my legs from holding on for so long. Not that they were much better, to begin with. My entire body felt sluggish.

Yanyu walked me back to my room and sat me down on my bed.

I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Yanyu asked.

"I don't like being stuck in this room. It's pretty to look at, but it gets kinda boring after a while."

"Why not watch some television? That might help keep you busy," Yanyu asked. She grabbed a remote control and turned on the tiny television.

The last thing I saw on t.v. were some reruns of Orantu with the triplets and Hal. That was before the Novus Magus Secundus exam. Well, if one didn't count the magical projections floating in the air during the games in Rios.

My eyes widened at the sight of bombardment. The reporter was standing on high ground while those beneath her battled it out with magic spells. The ground bent as multiple attacks rained down on the land. Some even rained up at the sky.

"Minese forces are pressing through this region of Sera, but the Hiearchian occupation has hunkered down and started to push them back," the woman said as she formed a barrier around her. A fire ball exploded right behind her. "This area is getting dangerous. We have to relocate." She pointed to something outside of the camera.

Yanyu switched the channel.

"The war started?" I asked, glancing at her.

"Yes, it started this morning. Mina is pushing in from the west and Kyuu Seishin from the south. Think their aim is a pincer attack on the capital. Seems Mina is already facing issues, though. Hopefully the southern campaign is coming along better. Or the assassins sent to the capital can succeed in their mission."

My mind went straight to Hal. Chills ran down my spine. Was he there?

I pushed against my bed. My feet trembled as I slowly stood up.

"An!" Yanyu said.

"S-sorry, but I need to go."

She furrowed her brow. "Where to?"

"To help liberate Sera."

She swung her hand. "Are you dumb? You're in no state to do that!"

I gritted my teeth. "I know, but I need to get to the capital. Something tells me that Hal could be there. And someone else who I care about."

Yanyu lowered her head. "Wonder if that's your bond speaking or your sixth sense."

I smiled. "My psychic powers are weak right now, so it might be the former."