Episode 38: Catching Up

Previously on EotCSM: Iah invited Nyima, Adela, Zelde, Wanikiya, my family, and I to vacation in Mina. Along the way, we've met several nice people such as Mithril, the older brother of Orichalcum. Nyima was also reunited with an old friend, an orca she calls Orcy, while Orcy's friend Macie (who strangely is a manatee... I mean, orcas eat seals, and such) became Sarah's familiar. Oh, and Hikaru also made a new friend, a Zebra called Zeb. Even though there was a power outrage we believe was caused by the detonation of a high caliber magic weapon in the sky during our time in the mine where Mithril worked, things had mostly been calm. However, as we enjoyed our vacation, the gears of war on that continent had gradually begun to move... -Lei

I yawned as we entered the lobby of the hotel

I yawned as we entered the lobby of the hotel. Only Kun and Hika had stayed behind. Hopefully, Hika will be able to learn the contract spell.

I turned around. Come to think of it, I should go learn it too.

"You should go to sleep," Yen said, jumping in the way of the exit. "You've been up since early this morning."

My head slumped. "Yeah, I probably should." But before I do, I'm going to go have a look at Kun teaching Hika. Hopefully, they're still on the beach. If so, I should be able to easily see them from my room's window.

I hurried off to the elevator, surprising Yen and the others.

"What's with that?" Yen mumbled to herself. "He never accepts so easily."

I smiled and waved as I pressed the button to the third floor.

"I think he's up to something," I heard Iah say. His golden eyes shifted over to me. He flashed me a knowing smile before the door shut completely.

I snickered nervously. Please don't rat me out, Iah.

I crossed my arms over my chest and grumbled. Why did Yen have to be so overprotective of me? I could take care of myself just fine!

"Lei?" I heard a voice call out as soon as the elevator opened. Standing in the hallway was my best friend.

"Wanikiya!" I yelled, stepping out of the elevator. "Going downstairs?"

"No, I was actually on my way to the room. Had a long day."

I tilted my head. "What were you up to? Kun and I were surprised when we didn't find you when we woke up."

"Really? I usually get up earlier than you two sleepyheads," he said, chuckling. "I was going to tell you I was going out but didn't want to wake you up."

"Well, at least you left us a letter." I snickered. "So, did you find yourself a familiar?"

He shook his head. "No, I wasn't even looking for one."

I pouted. "Really? It's fine if you did, I wouldn't get mad. I did spend the day helping Ny and Sarah find theirs after all." I spun my right arm and grinned. "Tomorrow, I plan to start looking for mine again!"