Episode 77: Chin Up

*Lei*

My eyes fluttered open. Where was I?

Yuzuki and my sister sat in seats next to my bed.

Yuzu? She was to be outside of the pyramid. I shot up. "The pyramid! Where is Iah? Did we save him?"

Yuzu smiled slightly. "Yeah, we got him back."

Yen sighed. "But he went ahead and snuck out."

My mouth opened. "Huh? Why did he do that? Did anyone go after him?"

"He felt like he needed to be apart from everyone to feel better. At least, that's what he told Nyima, Adela, and Azure."

I gritted my teeth. "Dang, this like Orantu.  Hope that guy doesn't run to some crazy scientist offering him power." I scratched my head. "With H.E.H. running around the region, that's possible!"

"Lei, this isn't a manga," Yen said, leering at me.

"I didn't expect Iah to get a cursed power, yet here we are." I lowered my head. Ratmir, is he whispering stuff into Iah's ears even after being sealed? If so, he could be in big trouble.

"Do you want to follow after him like Orantu did his friend?" Yuzuki asked.

I raised my head. "I am concerned, but I'm not sure our words will work."

Yuzuki put a hand over mine. "Don't worry too much. He did help in the sealing of Ratmir, so he clearly has some control. It all depends on his willpower."

I smiled. "Yeah." The good thing was that Iah tended to have a strong will. Him breaking free of Ratmir's control proved that further for me.

"Now, that you're awake, we can finally get going," Yen said, sighing.

I tilted my head. "Where to? Home?"

"Not yet. We still have one more spot on our trip. The eastern mountains. Kun wanted to go snowboarding, remember?"

"Oh, yeah." I had too, but after what happened to Iah, I didn't feel like doing it anymore. If anything, I just wanted to go back home. Ratmir had effectively ended all feeling of being on vacation.

I gasped as Yen grabbed my head and hugged me. "We have to do this to help the girls. They're cooped up in their rooms and won't leave. This might help get their minds and yours off of what happened."

"Ny and Adela are down?"

"Xue too," Yuzuki said. "She feels like she failed her master."

What I worried about was that I had failed my friend. Adela and Nyima probably felt the same. We couldn't reach Iah despite our best attempts. If we had, none of this would've happened.

I jumped out of bed. "I'm going to go see Ny and Adela!" I said before rushing out of the room.

"Wait, Lei!" Yen yelled, running after me. Though, she started off too late as I managed to create a significant gap between us.

I slowed down as I arrived at Adela's room. Or, at least I assumed it was her room. It was hard to tell given the size of the place.

Angry grunts came from within. It sounded like Adela was punching something.

I knocked the the wooden doors. "Hey, Adela! Yen told me to come get you. We're going to go snowboarding.

"You can go on without me. Not interested," Adela said before continuing whatever she was doing.

I frowned. "Alright, suit yourself. I'll be going now!" I took three steps and hid behind a pillar.

"What are you doing?" Yen asked as she caught up.