Episode 108: Operation- Take Back The Palace Begins!

*Lithdia*

I stared at the unconscious Ana and Ethan. This was all my fault. I was an awful unit leader. Bernard and my brother wouldn't have allowed something like this to happen to his group.

My ears twitched as an alarm blared to life.

"What's going on?" I said, standing up. Rushing over to the door, I walked out of the room.

"Hello there, Lady Hertz," the soldier guarding the infirmary said as he tipped his hat to me.

"Mark, do you know what that alarm is for?"

He looked down at his phone. "Yes, seems that a group of attackers were spotted in the skyscrapers. Sir Bernard got badly injured."

I gasped. Bernard, why did he go ahead and fight? He was in a worse state than me.

***

[Last Night]

I pressed my head against Ana and Ethan's bed. A yawn escaped my lips despite my best attempt at not doing so.

"Dia, dear, you should go and get some rest, I'll watch over them," Hew's mother said as she entered the room.

I shook my head. "No, I-"

She crossed her arms and gave me the same look she would give us when we were kids. "Lithdia Delilah Hertz!"

I sighed. Why was she using my full name? Honestly, she could act more like my mom than my actual mother. Mother and Father were always busy, so in a way, Ben and I were basically raised by her. Well, I was sorta like a mom to my brother too, in addition to being one for Tam.

"I'll go and sleep if it'll make you happy."

She smiled. "Good! Sleep well!"

"I'll only be taking a nap, that way you can get some rest too."

She nodded her head. "That's alright, as long as you take it easy."

I smiled and walked out of the room. After the closing the door behind me, I went straight for the room that General Rob had prepared for me. It had magic seals on it to prevent escape, but they didn't appear to have been made by us. My guess was that it was Princess Sarah's room. Her brother must've tried to do whatever he could to keep her safe.

I opened up the wardrobe and found some of the clothes I had brought there. Quickly, I changed into my pink pajamas and jumped into bed. It was so soft! This truly was a princess's bed. Though, mine was a tad softer. Still, way better than sleeping in those hotel rooms we had to stay at on the way here.

My eyes widened. "Wait, I should go check on Bernard before I go to bed." If I recalled correctly, his room wasn't too far. "Bernard?" I called out, hoping that he would hear me.

"You're looking for that guy?" Gavin asked as he approached me from behind.

"Know where he went?"

He smiled. "Didn't think you cared for that guy."

My cheeks reddened. It was only because he helped me out. "Just tell me where he is."

"I came from our room."

"Huh? You two are sharing a room?"

"Yeah, I thought that way I could keep an eye on him, but when I went to get us something to drink, he decided to bolt it out of there."

That Bernard, he was worse than me!

"Where do you think he could be?" I asked.

Gavin pulled out a silver phone. He must've replaced his old one which had broken during his fight. "Not sure, but Delphine would know."