Episode 119: Escaping Sera

*Isabel*

My eyes fluttered open.

Elliot smiled at me. "Hey, you're finally awake."

My face flushed as I realized he carried me in his arms.

Thalia snickered, making me want to shrink. If it wasn't more embarrassing, I would've buried my face on Eli's chest. 

Eli blushed a little too. "Sorry. I know that it's embarrassing to be carried by a guy."

Oli narrowed her eyes.

Jason smirked. "Would you like me carry you, my fair lady?"

She scoffed. "N-no need," Olivia said even as she blushed.

"I think it's sweet to be carried," Fai said, sighing romantically. "Wish I had someone who would carry me like that."

My face heated up more. She was making things more awkward. It wasn't like Elliot and I were dating. Not that I could blame her. I wished that I had a boyfriend or at least an admirer too. Lia had Ryan, while Oli had Jason, Eli, Alex, Xun, and the wolf boys.

Her brother smiled. "I'm sure you'll find someone who will one day."

Fai sighed. "How? I'm always on missions."

Qing smiled. "How about I give you kids a break?"

She blushed. "I couldn't ask for that! Not when we're still fighting a war."

I eyed the shell. The muffled sound of explosions could be heard all around us. Had the number of combatants expanded? I wanted to ask what had happened while I was out, but I didn't wish to sour the mood either. Though, I could guess a few things based on where we were. The palace must've collapsed or the enemy got enough reinforcements to push us back.

Dai leaned his back against the shell. "Too bad that we can't date our fellow knights."

Did he like a fellow knight of his?

"Who do you have your eye on?" Qing asked, smirking. It was nice that the King of Sera could still smile despite having lost an arm and still not reclaiming his nation.

Dai raised a fist to his mouth and coughed into it. "N-not to be rude, but i-is that really your majesty's concern at this time?"

He shrugged. "Sadly, I can't help Hideo in my current state."

"True. You were always known to love gossiping to pass the time, much like the Queen Consort."

Qing cleared his throat. "F-fine. You are not required to disclose a thing. I am an enlightened monarch, so privacy is something I respect."

"Why does that sound unconvincing?" Thalia asked.

"G-guess we should return to talking about the war."

Finally, I could ask about what happened without making things awkward.

"Did Iah accompany Hideo?" I asked.

Qing and everyone else became pale. Seemed that I'd misjudged when to ask.

"Why is everyone looking at me like that?" I asked, glancing up at Eli.

Elliot closed his eyes and shook his head. "I-I'm sorry, I tried to stop him, but I couldn't."

"I'm also at fault. I failed His Majesty," Darin said, looking away.

My eyes widened. "What happened to my cousin?"

Elliot closed his eyes. "He went with his uncle."

I stared at Uncle Huang. He laid unconscious. "But, he's here."