Episode 23: Reunited

*Adela*

The scent of sea-salt struck my nose even as I stood on top of a tall hill on the outskirts of a bustling port city. One could never guess that Mina was nearly brought to its knees from the Magista bomb. Or maybe, this part was simply too far from the epicenter to be affected. I did know that the four provinces and the capital each had their own separate grid systems in case something like this ever happened.

"Look!" Elliot yelled, pointing at a piece of land jutting out of the sea. From here, one could even see the southern tip of the continent of Vandavale to the north.

"The weather sure is nice!" Xun said, raising his arms toward the sky. "Almost makes me want to lay down and take a nap."

"You're like a cat," I said, snickering.

"Yeah. Days like these should be used to go out and adventure!" Elliot yelled.

Xun sighed. "You need to learn the importance of rest, Elli."

"If you wish to take a nap, you may. I'm going to go search for Lei and the others," I said.

"I'll help!" Elliot yelled as he raised his hand up.

Xun sat down on the verdant grass and glanced toward the west. "Are they even here?"

"I pray that they are," I said, lowering my head and putting my hands together.

Elliot patted me on the back. "Cheer up, sis. I have a feeling that we'll run into them soon. Ahh, I have an idea!"

I glanced over my shoulder at his smiling face. "What's your plan?"

He stepped in front of me and took a deep breath. "Hey, Lei! Where are you? My sister is waiting for you!" he yelled at the top of his lung.

I pushed him aside. "Stop that! You're doing nothing but embarrassing me!"

Xun snickered. "Nice idea, Elly."

"See, someone gets it."

"He's being sarcastic for crying out loud!" I yelled as I pointed at our big brother.

"Oi!" a voice yelled.

I turned and saw several figures flying toward us.

"Hey, Adela!" another voice yelled as its owner waved at us.

My jaw dropped while Elliot snickered.

"We finally found you!" Lei said as he, Nyima, and Iah landed in front of me.

"What did I say? I'm smarter than I look, little sis," Elliot said as he nudged me.

"Sorry for the wait, we ran into some trouble, but it's all taken care of now," Iah said as he put down a giant chunk of metal. "This is what we found. I hope it can help you."

Elliot squatted down and stared at the shimmering ball of orichalcum.

"Impressive quality," I said as I walked around it. I turned and smiled at Iah. "Thanks for listening to my selfish request."

"I didn't do it alone. Kun helped me bring it to the surface while Ai and the others at the mine refined it for me."

"I'll be sure to thank Kun when I see him. Maybe I'll make something for the miners as thanks."

"I'm sure they would love it," Nyima said.

"I'll help you make it. Mithril and the others helped me with my wand materials," Lei said as he scratched the side of his face.

"Wand materials?" Xun asked.

Lei held out his hand and summoned his turquoise wand. "Yeah, it broke during the games. While it did later restore itself, I want to strengthen it so that won't happen again."