Episode 116: Deity of Fire

*Elliot*

My feet touched the roof as it quaked, nearly knocking me back down.

"Elliot," Hideo said, shocked. He held Huang's chest. A gaping cavity had formed in the center of the Minese Emperor's chest.

I turned to look at Iah as a stream of darkness covered his body. Ratmir...

He turned to look at me, his eyes a golden orange. "Zhuang, get my uncle out of here once Hideo has healed him."

My ears perked up. "Iah, you're still in control!"

He stepped toward the red-haired guy he had been fighting, but came to a stop as a wall of flames erupted in front of him.

I'd better not distract him. Who knew how long he could maintain control of his body while using that power.

"Don't overdo it, Iah," I said, running over to Huang.

Hideo took a deep breath and increased the outflow of mana, closing the hole somewhat. It was incredible to believe that Huang was alive, if I didn't know about his and Iah's immortality.

Each of the five held a different gift. Isabel's Vermilion Bird of the South was gifted with above average Magicum Organums. That she had ran low was actually frightening, but seeing the guy whose flames she had held at bay told me all that I needed to know.

Darin's Black Warrior of the North had two gifts, one for each side. The turtles held had defenses that rivaled some of the angels and dragons, enabling them to resist being thrown into mountains and still surviving without much of a scratch. The serpents meanwhile were gifted with above average agility, enabling them to attack their opponents without being noticed.

Azure's Azure Dragon of the East had the gift of treasure. Their wands were said to contain great power, making it the most diverse of the blessings.

Finally, Orichalcum's Tiger of the West had the gift of power. Their claws could scratch the shells of the aforementioned turtles. It was said to be the first power that the founder of the Wudi obtained from the five gods they worship.

Iah jumped into the sky and raised his hand up, drawing the Hierarchican into the air. He was using Tsuki no Me. Was Iah simply using the abysmal to amplify his natural powers?

The crown prince closed his fist, causing the flames to fall inwards, creating a giant oval around the governor of H.E.H. Sera.

"Unleash its full power," the man said, swatting away his own flames. His eyes were strange-looking, like a mosaic.

"Those eyes," Iah said, stunned.

He snickered and dashed at him. Iah dodged and grasped his arm, breaking it. The governor clenched his teeth, muffling a scream.

Iah knee-kicked the guy in the gut, causing him to vomit out water.

"Not so tough now, huh?" Iah asked, smirking.

"Disappear!" the governor yelled, glaring at him.

Iah flung him into the air as a blank space covered the Hierarchican. It was so eerie, perhaps more so than Iah's darkness.

"Kazan no Wa!" he exclaimed.

A crimson light covered the entire palace, blinding me. A sweltering heat hit me. When I could finally see again, I realized why it had become so hot. We had been transported to the volcano. Or perhaps a volcano had formed around us. No, that couldn't be. I hadn't felt the ground shake. Could it have been an illusion like the eyes of the tanuki?

Hideo eyed the edge of the building. "Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have reached the garden."

I gulped and turned to look at the hole on the floor.