Episode 95: No Rest

*Vermeil*

I sighed as we stopped to rest. Noe's arm had started to act up. It was a surprise that the kid wasn't in sheer agony. Hopefully, the others had knocked out the lady who hurt him, if not killed her.

King Qing-Yuan rolled up Noe's sleeve. The arm was starting to bruise. He covered it in glowing water.

The kid had been panting as if he had ran all the way here, despite his older brother being the one who carried him.

"Noe," Scarlet mumbled as she touched her little brother's forehead. The kid moved his head back and forth, as if he were having a nightmare.

"What's wrong? Does the poor thing have a fever?" Fan asked, furrowing her brow.

"It doesn't feel too bad, but it's getting up there," Scarlet said.

"L-let's continue, before the meanies catch up," Noe said in a hoarse voice.

His older brother took a deep breath. "That would be a good idea, but you might get worse if we do."

Noe closed his eyes again. "T-that's fine. B-better than all of us dying."

"Noe..." Scarlet said, lowering her head.

"It's logical, though," Huo said.

"Brother!"

Huo sighed and patted Noe's leg. "But we can't abandon you, Noe."

Noe opened his mouth, but failed to say a thing. His good arm slumped.

"Noe!" Scarlet yelled.

"He's fine. Kid only fell asleep. Should wake up in a bit. If he gets feverish, I can cool him down."

Huo let out a sigh. "See, Scar, nothing to worry about. Think with your head, not your heart."

She pouted. "You were also worried!"

"Yeah, about the fever. I didn't think he passed away like you did."

"D-d-dummy!" Scarlet yelled, jumping to her feet.

"You two. Now isn't the time to fight," Fan's female assistant said, putting a hand on their shoulders.

Huo scoffed. "Scar is the one arguing, I haven't done a thing."

"Doesn't matter. Just stop, okay?"

Scarlet lowered her head and nodded shyly.

Huo glanced back at the sleeping Noe. "Was planning to. We have to let him rest."

The male assistant chuckled. "To be honest, I think we all do. So, how about we take a rest?"

"That's fine," Qing-Yuan said.

"No, what if something happens to us?" a kid said.

"Yeah, it's best we keep moving," another kid said. "Noe can rest easier in someplace safer than this."

"That's a good idea. It's going to get dangerous here very soon," a voice called out. I turned and saw a red-eyed young man with a white mane.

I glared at him and formed a pair of diamond knives. Just what we needed, another enemy.

King Qing-Yuan stepped in front of me and swung his arm out. "Relax, Vermeil. He's not an enemy."

I gasped and lowered my hands. "Is he another agent for this mission?"

He shook his head. "No. Well, at least not one that I expected."

The boy ran a hand through his hair and snickered. "Well, I sorta got dragged into this."