Episode 63: Mist and Emperor

"Shall we begin?" Iah asked, smiling at Lei

"Do you even need to ask?" Lei asked, grinning.

"Hold up a bit. It takes a while for the barrier spell to charge up the needed energy," Hei said as he turned to look back at them.

"Then I guess that we'll wait," Iah said.

Lei sighed. "Can't one of the others make it the old fashioned way?"

"Be patient."

Lei pouted, making him look like his cousin. "Alright. Fine."

I sat back down and watched as the blue prism barrier slowly went up. The tears that the kids had made on the floor were also being fixed.

What kind of spell was behind it? Where did it draw its energy from, to begin with? It mustn't have been from the atmosphere. Otherwise, it would've charged right away from all of the excess prana in the air.

Nyima sighed. "If only Raul had won," she mumbled as the kids, Ocarina, and Eri sat back down too.

"Bummed out as I won't teach you my teleportation spell?" Kun asked, chuckling.

"What do you mean, yours? I was the one who taught it to you," Nahimana said.

Kun laughed. "Well, not like you created it either."

Nahimana laughed. "Right. Still, I think that Nyima deserves to learn it. It was obvious that she tried her best to teach Raul."

Kun smiled. "I think so too."

"Wait, are you saying that you're going to teach it to me anyway?" Nyima asked.

The middle triple grinned. "Yup, you've earned it. Plus, think that you'll need it. If you knew it, you might've been able to get to Wahkan faster during the abysmal attack."

I lowered my head as I thought about Lucette. If only the gate had closed earlier, she wouldn't have been dragged into that world.

Nyima nodded with a sad look in her eyes. "Yeah, I could've."

"What happened can't be changed," Nahimana said, watching as the prism walls were done.

"I know," Nyima whispered.

As did I. Still, the desire to change the past was always there.

"Who do you think will win?" Yen asked, probably wishing to change the subject.

"I think that Lei will win," Wanikiya said with a confident smile.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Nyima said. "Iah had won twice. Even 'third's the charm' might not be on his side. It certainly wasn't on Raul's."

"Great way to make me feel bad," Raul said, glaring at her.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to pour salt into your wound."