Episode 107: Ice Witch

"Iah, wait up!" Isabel yelled as I stomped over the ruins the forest

"No. You speed up," I said, running toward the capital city.

"You're going to expose us," Isa yelled as I jumped. Running wasn't useful with all these debris.

"Then leave me alone. I'll draw their attention," I said, moving my hooves to push myself through the air.

She shook her head. "I can't do that. You're my cousin. I won't abandon you to those wolves."

"Hey, I heard that!" Keith yelled as he trailed us. Guy was fast given the early lead we had.

"It's a figure of speech! I'm talking about H.E.H."

"Oh." He grinned. "Well, then you'll need a wolf to fight off those wolves."

I laughed. That guy could certainly help in the drawing attention department.

"I better go with you if this guy is coming with you," Xulan said as he overtook Keith.

Keith grumbled. "I don't need a babysitter."

"That's alright. Our objective is to save the civilians," I said as we reached the marsh.

I gritted my teeth. We were still too far away...

"Don't worry about that," Alex said, warping in front of us. "My big brother took care of them."

"He did?" Isabel asked

He nodded. "Hide snipped the ones pushing them. The others are in hot pursuit of him now. That and Hal's hacking should give us the opening we need."

Hideo, he should've stepped in sooner. What was he doing or thinking? Maybe he'd been discovered and was engaged in a fight. Either way, things weren't going to be easy for him, even with his strength.

"We should hurry and help him," Isabel said.

"Yeah," Alex said, looking straight ahead. Despite his brother being in possible danger, he maintained a calm face. 

While he was older than me, Alex reminded me of my little brother. Akatsuki, hopefully he wasn't too down. He might've been stoic, but he wasn't without emotions. I needed him to be there for Azure.

Azure...

I stopped in midair and moved my head side to side. Images of a pair of two boys running ahead as I chased them appeared in my mind. No, the one chasing them wasn't me, it was him... This was his memory.

"Iah, are you alright?" Isa asked, glancing at me.

"I'm fine. It's him," I mumbled.

"Him?"

"He must be referring to the abysmal within him," Yanyu said as she and the others caught up. She carried them on one of her spherical barriers.

I nodded. "I'm not sure why, but one of his memories popped into my head."